PDA

View Full Version : Who's done?

Brandon Rice
05-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Ok, today is the deadline for herofest... who's completed their film and ready to upload? I am sure some of you are finishing up the final polishes to your films. Can't wait to see them!

Matt Sconce
05-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Done and ready to upload! I can't wait!

Dahopafilms
05-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Finito.

Now I'm just a-waitin' for Jarred to finish opening his presents and playin' pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey so we get them pesky format and upload instructions.

Looking forward to viewing the masterpieces. And I'm polishing off my armor.

Aaron Marshall
05-30-2006, 09:38 AM
I've been finished for a while now. I went back last night and redid a credit that had been bugging me. It's 110% finished now.

I can't wait to check out all the other hero films. This is exciting! :grin:

Untsikka
05-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Well almost done, CC and subtitles left but we can make it happen in time.

Edgen
05-30-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm still compositing :) still need final SFX.

Larry Rutledge
05-30-2006, 09:56 AM
I am getting there, but really relying on the generosity of Jarred and his SOFT DEADLINE!!!

Glad to hear some are done...it is a great accomplishment and I can't wait to see them!! :thumbsup:

Beat Takeshi
05-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Im done, just waiting on the composer to finish.

Aaron Marshall
05-30-2006, 10:49 AM
What a tease banner you have Aram! I like it.

david jerome
05-30-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm basically done. And as soon as it's uploaded I will be going to sleep for a week.

Beat Takeshi
05-30-2006, 10:53 AM
What a tease banner you have Aram! I like it.

Thanks!
I needed to do something to get this edge off. :)

Beat Takeshi
05-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Well, I may not actually be done, done. Everyone wants to do a longer version of this and take our time to do it right. We had fun with this. We have some cool BTS that we have to start on soon.

Jarred Land
05-30-2006, 01:28 PM
submit open :)

http://dvxuser.com/herofest/

Norm Sanders
05-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Done? Um, yeah sure ... ahem. You betcha. :crybaby:

Beat Takeshi
05-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Norm, I would have replied to that VFX thing if it was after the contest.

Anthem78
05-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Done and ready.

CineMark
05-30-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm done also.

Larry Rutledge
05-30-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm done also.
Show offs!! :grin:

snodart
05-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Bro-in-law is finishing the score a few rooms away as I type. I'm fine tunning the CC. Not sure that h264 and the brightness/color mac bug will do it much justice, but I guess it will be that way for all. Anyway, should be uploading in the next few hours....
:thumbsup:

Beat Takeshi
05-30-2006, 07:15 PM
We were able to make ours without a single gun in it.
Guns seem to be everywhere in the fests and even though this was the time to let loose with the 9, I refrained from using one even though i was sizing up those sweet desert eagles.
/me pats myself on the back. :)

CineMark
05-30-2006, 07:28 PM
that is a good feat. i don't know how many airsoft posts i read in the last few months, so I know what everybody was looking for.

we are uploading tonight as well. it feels good to hit the real deadline. this is our first ever DVXfest, so we're excited for sure.

Beat Takeshi
05-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Good job dude. I tell you, once you start you dont want to stop. It keeps that fire inside burning to create and a reason to do so.
I think Im going to step to the side for the next one because I need to work on other things we have planned and have put off long enough. Not to say I will not enter anymore because theres something about this fest that just draws me. I guess its knowing people you know will see it and appretiate the work that goes into them and the validation of a job well done no matter what level your at in this game. At the end of the day its all about letting your voice be heard and your art to be seen.

Matt Sconce
05-30-2006, 11:33 PM
I guess its knowing people you know will see it and appretiate the work that goes into them and the validation of a job well done no matter what level your at in this game. At the end of the day its all about letting your voice be heard and your art to be seen.

I feel this way too! I am so excited to start watching all the entries and see ours in the list! :)

ChainSmoker
05-31-2006, 06:45 AM
I may have hit the official deadline, but damn does my film blow. It's rather sad when the opening credits and music is better than everything else lol, but thats what I get for waiting until last thursday to do this. On a positive note, for my first fest attempt I must say I had a blast doing it, and wish everyone great luck and can't wait to see all the films!

Rich

Jarred Land
05-31-2006, 11:23 AM
ha ha Rich, thats what its all about baby.

Brandon Rice
05-31-2006, 11:29 AM
I may have hit the official deadline, but damn does my film blow. It's rather sad when the opening credits and music is better than everything else lol, but thats what I get for waiting until last thursday to do this. On a positive note, for my first fest attempt I must say I had a blast doing it, and wish everyone great luck and can't wait to see all the films!

Rich

Hey man, I didn't even get to doing one, so you're ahead of me there! Looking forward to seeing your piece :)

Mike McNeese
05-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Rich, sounds like you've caught the spirit. Just make the best you can of what you've got...I gotta feeling we're gonna see some sweet movies. This is my first fest EVER, and I'm shaking in anticipation. I'll be uploading tonight...ONE last thing to do...

ChainSmoker
05-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the uplifiting words guys. I really appreciate it. I guess I was just venting a little there. You know how it is after four days of no sleep trying to make a deadline and not being happy with the final product. But all that aside, I'm ready for the next fest so bring it on!!!

david jerome
05-31-2006, 01:28 PM
Rich, just finishing something in a few days is a big accomplishment. I was still scratching my head after the first week. But I started seven weeks ago so I had a little breathing room. Good luck.

CineMark
05-31-2006, 02:35 PM
i'm in the same boat as mjmcneese2 —*this is my first fest EVER, actually my first completed film EVER. so I am so excited and can't wait to see everything. I'm actually pretty happy with how everything turned out; sure there are a couple things I would have reshot if we had the time, but overall I'm happy.

This is great. I can't wait until the next one (hint hint). Any ideas?

CineMark
05-31-2006, 02:58 PM
oops. looks like i already said basically the same thing. i guess that's what working on your soundtrack until 2am and then waking up at 6am for your day job will do to you.

who cares. it's all worth it.

Edgen
05-31-2006, 03:03 PM
i guess that's what working on your soundtrack until 2am and then waking up at 6am for your day job will do to you.

who cares. it's all worth it.

HA!! I was up till 7:30 this morning still doing compositing/rotoscoping.
It better friggin' be worth it! ;) (of course I didn't have to get up so early. ouch)

/j

snodart
05-31-2006, 03:20 PM
I finally got that bad boy uploaded. My ftp program kept timing out while uploading the m2v, but I think it got the whole thing this time.

Man am I glad to be done with this thing. We were able to shrink it down from 10 minutes to just a few frames below 6. There just wasn't any more give after that. Funny thing is that I think I like the 6 minute version better. It would probably flow a little more smoothly at 6:30 - 7 minutes, but chopping away from 10 forced us to get rid of some shots that probably did need to be there anyway.

We still plan on finishing the sound for the 6:30 - 7 minute version for DVD, but I can't even think about that right now. I just want to start watching!

JimtheJib
06-01-2006, 11:13 AM
well i've finally uploaded everything.!! im very excited for this contest. how can i be sure my files have actually made it?

Thanks
Alex

Beat Takeshi
06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
I had to switch composers so im waiting again, lucky for the soft deadline.

Larry Rutledge
06-01-2006, 12:58 PM
See there....sing the praises to the almighty soft deadline!

I am SOOO thankful for the "soft" deadline, I just wish it was a little softer (like maybe 3 months :grin: )

Edgen
06-01-2006, 01:06 PM
HA!! ya, no kiddin... I take that post back about me mentioning the 'extension' and not to have one. :)

So... the soft deadline is actually a "scramble to finish the final mix" eh?

/j

Beat Takeshi
06-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Hell yeah, its the hair pullin, hemroid havin, peptobismo drinkin, dog kickin, finger givin, pot smokin, upper takin, coffee drinkin, coke snortin, eye lid staplin, no bath takin scramble to the finish time.