PDA

View Full Version : Curious... An Extension?

Edgen
05-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I would highly doubt this... but what's the chances of the fest having a few days extension?

I personally would say no to the extension, and I hope that they do not extend it out. Reasons are obvious. Some have 'busted a move' to get it finished in time and its not fair to the others who have slacked.

I would say upload as is. Finished or not.

Thoughts?

/j

Shaun Patrick
05-25-2006, 08:27 PM
It is a 'soft deadline', so there will probably be a multi-day upload window. I think that counts as a semi-extension.

Larry Rutledge
05-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Well, since the upload page usually isn't available until the specified deadline then they almost have to have a 'soft' deadline to allow for the bandwidth of uploading so many films.

It's usually only a few days, so it doesn't give anyone a chance to 'make' a film in that time, but sure allows you to fix any last minute problems you may find especially if your computer is slow at rendering :)

Shaun Patrick
05-25-2006, 09:00 PM
It's usually only a few days, so it doesn't give anyone a chance to 'make' a film in that time...

Are you asking for a challenge?

Beat Takeshi
05-25-2006, 09:02 PM
The only draw back to using the soft deadline to its full advantage would be that other films will be viewed first and if someone just happen to have time that day to watch and no other time you may lose out on a vote.
But who the hell is doing this for votes anyway!!!

MiataFilmSomething
05-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Is a "soft deadline" the same thing as a time frame to upload the films? For instance "Films must be uploaded between the time of ______ and _____.

Daniel Skubal
05-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Is a "soft deadline" the same thing as a time frame to upload the films? For instance "Films must be uploaded between the time of ______ and _____.

Pretty much, but you should try to get it in as close to that starting date as possible.

Beat Takeshi
05-30-2006, 01:01 PM
I think that shouldnt matter too much. I dont think the voting starts til most, if not all are in. Jarred said uploads til Saturday so voting will probably start ...Monday?

Jarred Land
05-30-2006, 01:16 PM
The only draw back to using the soft deadline to its full advantage would be that other films will be viewed first and if someone just happen to have time that day to watch and no other time you may lose out on a vote.
But who the hell is doing this for votes anyway!!!

voting wont start till after all films are uploaded.

Larry Rutledge
05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey Jarred...any word on the voting mechanism this time? Will it be like Sci-Fest, where we download groups of films via .zip and an Excel scorecard? Or do you have something else up your sleeve this time? :)

CineMark
05-30-2006, 06:30 PM
is first prize still a plane ticket to the viewing? or no prizes?

Jarred Land
05-30-2006, 06:37 PM
prizes announced after entries.. there are some token prizes, but nothing thats gonna blow you away.

MiataFilmSomething
05-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Are the tokens for the subway or for Chuck E. Cheese? Both favorites...

Jarred Land
05-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Are the tokens for the subway or for Chuck E. Cheese? Both favorites...

http://mysticmuse.net/images/gallerypics1/peepshow.jpg

SilverWolf
05-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Hmm that looks like a screen grab. Are you taking your camera to the peep shows again Jarred ?

Jack Daniel Stanley
05-31-2006, 04:22 AM
http://www.925jackfm.com/images/Announcer%20Pic/Pee%20Wee%20Herman.jpg

http://www.uglyjackass.com/cool_stuff/mugshots/pee_wee_herman.jpg