PDA

View Full Version : how do I change the internal battery on dvx100?

ncvideogeek
05-21-2006, 10:35 AM
It seems that my internal battery has gone out. I've removed the plate that covers it, but it's pretty difficult to do and I don't want to take it out and drop it.

Any suggestions?

Also, anyone know the proper battery to put in it?

Thanks!!!

SumGuyFromTX86
05-21-2006, 11:08 AM
if you read in the manual, it says to plug in the charger and DC cable to the camera. Leave the camera turned off the entire time, and leave the charger connected for about 4 hours or so. That should fully recharge the internal battery if it ever goes dead.

Are you sure yours has completely gone bad? It may just need the recharge.

ncvideogeek
05-21-2006, 11:10 AM
oh thank you kind sir. no, i'm not sure. i have never tried the above "recharge" but I will.

I'm pretty much illiterate when it comes to manuals! I only went to the university of colorado.

Thanks again!

SumGuyFromTX86
05-21-2006, 04:49 PM
no problem

that was actually one thing i came across the other day when i was flipping through my manual. just plug her in and leave it alone for awhile, then you'll be set.

MiniMan
05-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Just curious, how long do these internal batteries live?

SumGuyFromTX86
05-22-2006, 12:33 AM
i honestly have no idea. i don't even know what the battery looks like. I'm guessing it is one of those quartz batteries that is about the size of a quarter, and silver in color. You see them in all kinds of equipment that have to save memory when not connected to any power source.

I'm almost positive it will last the life of the camera, if not longer.