PDA

View Full Version : Shoot out Test w/ Handycam

LuckyProducer
05-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey guys, I shot this way before I got my DVX. I was trying to do some tests with some settings on my little Sony handycam (miniDV). It's pretty cool. This shows the look I am trying to achieve (the Island). I know I know, it's not a real shotgun, it's a rifle, but at that time I hadn't bought a shotgun. check out the lighting and give me some tips on it if you can. I was just using a work light for the guy behind the tree.

Click here to watch (12.3 MB) (http://media.putfile.com/Just-a-Test-2)

Steven Bogda
05-15-2006, 06:35 PM
I liked the colors in this, I liked the close up of the kid coming around from the corner with the silver gun. I saw a tripod at the end too.

LuckyProducer
05-15-2006, 07:44 PM
thanks! wow! I didn't even notice that tripod there. good eye Steven! thank God it was only a test! haha!

mastertee31
05-23-2006, 12:34 AM
I like the colors, but is it supposed to be outta focus? I liked your handgun sound fx and the bullets whizzing by. Where'd ya get em?

Fugitive
05-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Mind posting some screen shots? Too lazy to download the entire 12 MB...

LuckyProducer
05-23-2006, 02:11 PM
sorry I don't have time to go back and make screen grabs.

mastertee...if you rent or buy the movie S.W.A.T., they have a special feature where it shows you how they recorded all the sound fx and put it over the video. then they have like 4 scenes where they split the audio into four different parts. I then captured this video and just used the audio from it and used it in my project. It's pretty sweet.

Fugitive
05-29-2006, 12:52 AM
No probs. Whatever floats your boat...