PDA

View Full Version : :::Composers:::

Beat Takeshi
04-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey all you composers out there,
I am looking for anyone that can make a track with the same basic style as this:
http://puffinfilms.com/Hero/ballade.mp3
it sounds crappy because i recorded it off some speakers.

Its from an anime movie called Ghost in the Shell, its the opening track for the movie.
Im looking for something with this same feel. I would like to retain the same drum style and beat.
Thanks
Aram

MikeZas
04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
I could do something very similar to that, but with more traditional sounding "chorale" voices. Is that alright?

Beat Takeshi
04-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey Mike,
Yeah Im all for chorale voices.

Sid Barnhoorn
04-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Ey mate,

That's a great score by Kenji Kawai. Although I think I've a diffirent version because I don't have this track but the style is completely the same. Sounds like you're going for a very cool score. :) Good luck!

Cheers,

Beat Takeshi
04-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Its from the Ghost in the Shell 2:Innocence DVD. I actually contacted him and he said he would make something but then i had to speak to his "people" and then it got complicated with being over seas. I said i will even take a garbage track and tweak but it was like I was asking for a feature film thing. He said to email him but I figured it would be quicker to just have something similar in style by someone else.

Sid Barnhoorn
04-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Sounds cool, what's this filmproject about? Getting curious. ;)

Cheers,

Beat Takeshi
04-25-2006, 03:34 PM
HeroFest!. I'm not allowed to talk about it until the deadline though. I'm just hoping that I finish it before the deadline. Im carefully trying to pick my shots and the problem with using a track like that is you run out of time in a 5 minute short. So the actual song looses its impact since it has to be really edited down.

leogardini
04-25-2006, 08:11 PM
This is a quite simple stile to compose...let me know if you need my works!!!

Beat Takeshi
04-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Leo, dude, your stuff rocks. Mike do you have samples of your works?

Sid Barnhoorn
04-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Ey Leo, you rock indeed! :) Go get 'm! :nads:

Lator, :P

Beat Takeshi
04-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey Mike, I decided to go with Leos work for this one. Still I want to hear your samples for future work.