PDA

View Full Version : Silicon Imaging/Cineform camcorder -- Pics release

Emanuel
04-23-2006, 02:23 AM
http://www.siliconimaging.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=18

roxics
04-23-2006, 05:28 AM
Too bad there is no real good close up images of the camera. But it's still cool to see early. Looks like they're on the right track.

razamalik
04-23-2006, 08:18 AM
looks cool :) wish there were some close ups though :dankk2:

David Newman
04-23-2006, 11:23 AM
More images from this shoot are now up on my blog : http://cineform.blogspot.com/

Forrest Schultz
04-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Have any prices been revealed yet? thank you. the camera is looking awesome by the way.

Cheesesailor77
04-24-2006, 02:17 PM
12,000 seems to be the consensus, dont know if that includes recording, monitor and lens

Sumfun
04-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Strange looking camera. Looks like they put a motherboard in a pizza box, then slapped a lens on it.

David Newman
04-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Strange looking camera. Looks like they put a motherboard in a pizza box, then slapped a lens on it.

Yeh, but it works great. I haven't had hands on the production camera until NAB, and it is working damn well. Over in the AMD there was a lot of footage from the weekends shoot, plenty of images to work out the dynamic range. The physical appearance a quiet nice in person, and the drive mount is just really neat (160GB removable 3.5" cartridges.) Pity no other convention goers have commented yet

Forrest Schultz
04-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I think its awesome David, very functional. Are all the compenents complexily wrapped up inside as to not allow users to customize the housing? It would be cool if you could take the inside compenents and fit into a custom housing.

So do you know what the price will be including the recorder, (lenses arent a prob) also, its not going to take a crazy computer to handle the compressed footage is it? because i really dont feel like upgraded, and i think i read somewhere that the footage can be made into .avi files off the bat to be used in a standard editeing system? It seems like a very serious camera. when will latest footage be released? thanks

Ari Presler
04-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Camera Head package is $12,500. You will need a duo core 2.1 Ghz machine. we encourage building cameras into a variety of packages. That is the flexibility of our system. GigE from the camera head. 12VDC/6W power on hirose 12-pin connector ( we will be using some of the other pins for the stereo 3D genlock).