PDA

View Full Version : For the love of god someone help. Head cleaning supplies

J5 squared
04-17-2006, 07:47 PM
K i'm using an old panasonic gs12 as a VTR. I am attempting to get some footage off of a tape that i need in a project by wed. The tape is sony and i only run panasonic in my dvx so i don't wanna captuer off there unless i absolutely have to. But i'm wondering if the sony tapes are what have caused my problems in my gs12. The heads are very dirty, i either get a solid blue screen or atleast blue lines. I've been all over town attempting to secure head cleaning fluid and no lint swabs with no luck. I even attempted runninga head cleaning tape through the gs12 quick jus to try and get it to work. No luck. Can someone PLEASE tell me some common stores that cary these swabs and head cleaner. I've been everywhere with no luck.

greenheron
04-18-2006, 07:52 AM
radio shack

J5 squared
04-18-2006, 12:04 PM
went to three of them. None of them had any lint free swabs or any kind of head or rubber cleaner

Steve_Arm
04-18-2006, 12:41 PM
I've seen blue screen on a Canon, it went for the whole head mechanism change.

J5 squared
04-18-2006, 01:36 PM
If i just used some strips from a auto store type chamois cloth and picked up some head cleaner do you think that would work? A few of the local stores have 8mm and VHS head cleaning fluid, is that an acceptable substitute?

Steve_Arm
04-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Use only a cleaning tape for the heads. Where do you buy your tapes? they should have cleaning tapes there.

J5 squared
04-18-2006, 11:12 PM
I tried a cleaning tape no good. And all i ever hear is not to use cleaning tapes. What i ended up doing was getting some VHS head cleaner, put a few drops on the cleaning tape, ran it through and then recorded about 10sec. It started out bad still but then cleared up. Not good on my heads but oh well, its only a gs12 anyways.

Lake Films
04-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Sorry, but you may to have the heads 're-aligned' & cleaned by a professional.