PDA

View Full Version : My Hero-ish cue! ;)

Sid Barnhoorn
04-14-2006, 03:36 AM
Hi there,

I recently finished a stealth/spy/action-kinda filmshort called Project One by Joby Stephens. I just wanted to share one of the cues for this project since it, in my mind, falls into the same catagory:

www.sidbarnhoorn.com/Project_One_-_End_Credits.mp3 (http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com/Project_One_-_End_Credits.mp3)

Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Kholi
04-14-2006, 02:08 PM
You know what I thought the title of this thread was trying to say?

My hero is cute... but in a cute way.

Cool stuff, Sidd. =)

Aaron Marshall
04-14-2006, 03:27 PM
At first glance I thought that too Kholi! hahaha

Sid, nice composition.

Sid Barnhoorn
04-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Haha, cool thx, mates. Really, that wasn't my intention but if it gets attention, it works well indeed. ;)

Cheers,

Norm Sanders
04-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Nice, Sid. Also added this thread to the Sticky in this forum that's got a list of the composers around here. Welcome aboard, and hope someone gets to use your work!

Sid Barnhoorn
04-15-2006, 04:12 AM
Hi Norm,

Thanks alot, mate! Well, this cue is obviously already in use so if people would like to get hero-scoring from me I'd rather score it specially for that particulair project. ;)

Cheers,

Sid Barnhoorn
04-15-2006, 08:21 AM
PS: To hear more of my work visit my website: www.sidbarnhoorn.com

Noel Evans
04-16-2006, 04:40 AM
Sid I listened to a lot of tracks on your site... theres some great stuff there... any way to licence use of any of your works?

Sid Barnhoorn
04-16-2006, 05:09 AM
It depents on which cue you which to use. There are two or three cues that come directly from a contracted filmscore so I can't give licence for those cues but most of the music demos are just demos to show my style. If anything, I'd rather write something new for a particulair project but there can always be negociations for this sort of thing. I've done it once where a director got licence to use the cue "Jungle Chase" in a trailer of his which worked perfectly. We signed a contract and that was that. Hope this was clear enough.

Cheers,

Daniel Skubal
04-16-2006, 10:08 AM
How fast can you crank a track out? My herofest project probably won't be done until a week or two before the deadline.

Norm Sanders
04-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Not to rush a composer, but I think a week is enough time for the majority of them to put something together ... however, if all you HAVE is a week, then it doesn't give you much grace/buffer time for final mixing, etc.

Sid Barnhoorn
04-16-2006, 01:08 PM
It all depents on the project. If it inspires me it goes smooth. I did a filmscore of about 10min within two days, composing+mix/production. So, again depending on the project, timeframe and the way the workingrelationship goes with the director/producer and me. Plus, a main item depending on the work/projects I've got to do already. So, I'm very curious whatkind of work will be made for this Hero-Fest in general. It sounds very exciting nonetheless.

Cheers.

Noel Evans
04-20-2006, 04:17 AM
Sounds good sid. Your on my list. Will look for you around August / september.

Rachmaninov inspires me.