PDA

View Full Version : My last short

barant
04-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, Im soooo fired up im shooting a 12-15 minute short next week for festival submissions and Im very pumped up it has been awhile since I have shot a scene. Checkout my last short (scene):

www.rc-nation.com/tc.mov
(save target as)

FilmMakerr
04-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey, I liked it, can you give me some insight on your settings, how much lighting was done there?

barant
04-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey, I liked it, can you give me some insight on your settings, how much lighting was done there?

Ahh, these were the "even lower than low budget" days. All I used was a chinese lantern on a microphone stand about 2 feet from the close up shots. As you can see, I was so nervous about shooting it, I forgot to even do a white balance before shooting. Also, since there were so many different types of light sources in the room, the flourescent lighting in the far background is blue, which I think somehow looks kind of good. I did everything here, so I dont think it was too bad for a 1 man show. I did use Magic Bullett on the final version. My short next week should look amazing!

acoreasc
04-06-2006, 06:20 PM
a good, unfettered and clean look for this piece. Did you already MB the piece? Did you use a preset?

barant
04-06-2006, 06:27 PM
a good, unfettered and clean look for this piece. Did you already MB the piece? Did you use a preset?

Thank You. What I actually did was use a MB preset the first time around. Then I rendered that and ran another MB on it, with some minor tweaks. What I usually do is bump DOWN the brighness a little bit and bump UP the contrast a bit as well. My goal is not to look like some effects were used to get the color, but to just look like it was shot on film

Krummi
04-06-2006, 06:45 PM
actullay like it a lot. Wouldn't call it a short, as much as a sceen, but the composition, lighting and color all look good. Would peronally have liked a little bit more movement in the shots. A slow dolly or little shifts within the frame...

Otherwise, very filmlike..