PDA

View Full Version : DVX100B Legit dealer?

cannon
03-25-2006, 05:22 PM
I read the last post about the DVX100B, and was also looking around for a 24p camcorder when I found it for $2,383.00 at Prestige Camera. It seemed to good to be true, and usually when thats the case, its just that... to good to be true.

I've talked to a rep. and asked if there were any loop holes and etc., and they said no (I didnt expect them to say anything else). But here's my question. If they arent legit, then whats the worst that could happen? Would they send me a foreign model? Refurb? I told them I planned on buying it through credit, and I would need the full exact price in order to purchase it, and they told me $2,450.99 would be the exact price. I'm new to a lot of this, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Barry_Green
03-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Read the reviews at http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1995.html

"Prestige" = broadway photo

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0006.htm

cannon
03-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks a lot. After reading those I'm definitely not buying from there. So now, here's my question.

Where is a good dealer? I've read a lot of good things about B&H. The DVX100B is only $200 cheaper than the XL2 there. What would you do? Get the DVX or XL? And, is there another legit place with better prices on the 2?

Thanks a lot.

Barry_Green
03-25-2006, 06:57 PM
There's a thread with a list of authorized dealers; call a few of them. Excellent dealers include B&H, Birns & Sawyer, EVS, Abel Cine Tech, Lerro.com, AVS... there are lots of good dealers. But if you find anyone advertising a price much less than maybe 5% below B&H's advertised price, be advised that the odds of it being a scam grow alarmingly the lower the supposed price is.

FilmMakerr
03-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Thanks a lot. After reading those I'm definitely not buying from there. So now, here's my question.

Where is a good dealer? I've read a lot of good things about B&H. The DVX100B is only $200 cheaper than the XL2 there. What would you do? Get the DVX or XL? And, is there another legit place with better prices on the 2?

Thanks a lot.

Dvx all the way..go to Xl2user.com. Oh, I forgot, that doesn't exist, now does it :)

If you wanna save some bucks, and buy equipment, maybe you can do it the ebay way, used, with mack warranty included, and abunch of extras, even though I don't recommend it, but again, alot of people have to do it that way.

skrott
04-02-2006, 02:09 PM
SAMY'S camera out of LA
worth pice of mind