PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Sues for "Super Hero" term.

pmark23
03-20-2006, 07:34 PM
I assume that nobody thinks this is an important issue, considering that some idiot deleted the previous thread.

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8650

GeekPunk is announcing that their flagship comic book title featuring superheroes patronizing their favorite bar & grill during their off-hours will now be entitled Hero Happy Hour beginning with the fifth issue of the ongoing series.

According to creator Dan Taylor, "The decision to change the title was brought upon by the fact that we received a letter from the trademark counsel to 'the two big comic book companies' claiming that they are the joint owners of the trademark 'SUPER HEROES' and variations thereof."

This is real. I'm willing to wager real money that DVXUser will soon receive a similar letter.

I don't really think that the contest should be closed (the posts in the previous now-deleted thread were obvious satire -- anyone who graduated high-school could see that), but this is something that people should be aware of.

This is why it's important to stand up for your rights. It appears that it's too late for the comic industry.

Aaron Koolen
03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah it blows goats that they're trying to steal the name. GeekPunk giving in sucks. I know why they would, noone wants to be sued, but someone needs to stand up to these morons.

Barry_S
03-20-2006, 08:38 PM
.. some idiot deleted the previous thread.

.. (http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8650) anyone who graduated high-school could see that....

Now I may just be an idiot who never graduated high school, but I found your previous trademark thread is in the Cafe. :thumbsup:

wcs
03-20-2006, 08:56 PM
It has begun.... two years ago.

Message dated
01-30-2004 05:03

wcs
03-20-2006, 09:01 PM
I think Super Hero Hype would be first on the list...

or perhaps Comedy Central for their Drawn Together show, whose website lists the characters as superheros...

google.com:
Results 1 - 10 of about 4,960,000 for "super hero". (0.11 seconds)

Man, they better get busy.

Barry_S
03-20-2006, 09:06 PM
If you want to discuss this, please use the previous thread in the Cafe. Thanks.