PDA

View Full Version : Visual FX Artists for your Project

Norm Sanders
03-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Just a FYI that I'm posting a thread at CG Talk and a couple other places to make them aware of the festival, inviting them to post in this thread & make themselves known.

Hopefully we can get some great collaborations going, that will benefit everyone's portfolio (FX artist, composer, film maker(s), etc.), as well as some incredible networking for future gigs (hopefully paid!).

Alex DePew
03-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Great idea. I was going to ask over to there when I knew what sfx my short will have. If there are any. CG Talk is full of extremely talented artists. I really respect the people on that site.

This is really great for all sites and people involved. This is the future. Collaboration over the net to get amazing work from many disciplines towards one goal. Actually this is happening now so the future is now!:)

Norm Sanders
03-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Right on, Alex. If you don't see anything posted over there by this time tomorrow, could you let me know & I'll have you post the invite that I attempted (assuming you're a member with multiple posts). I saw a sticky that kind of warned against new people "fishing", but felt my post was legit as it's trying to bring communities together vs. just seeking out only my own interests. There's also a notice that new members with 2 or less posts (me - registerd there as Envision Entertainment) have their posts reviewed before actually applying it to the forum, which can take up to 24 hours if they allow it up at all. Really hope they send it on through.

Alex DePew
03-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I added a second post to the thread. Hopefully they keep it up. I don't think we should go over there and flood their site with requests though. So to all reading this, I would just wait to see how they respond before we bombard them with requests. But feel free to check in and see if people posting over there are interested.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3341013#post3341013

Alex DePew
03-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Envision, I see you got someone to answer you on CGTalk. It doesn't seem like too many people are seeing the thread. I think we should have the dvxers who need/want sfx say what they would like and when we have a significant number of requests we take it to a more heavily trafficed area.

To all those who would like to have sfx in your short, please post what you would like done (i.e. guy shooting laser beams from his arse). Probably good to include amount of screen time, how many times you will need it and any other pertinant info.