PDA

View Full Version : Orchestral music for your project!!!

leogardini
03-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone,

some of you already know me , Im an orchestral composer...Im available to score your movie for this contest , so please , first go to my site and if you have time listen to all of the tracks available there www.pacificocean.com.br ...than you may contact me for starting a great project:)!!!

Leo!!!
www.pacificocean.com.br

leogardini
03-13-2006, 06:42 AM
Wow , isnt anybody interested???

JPatnaude
03-13-2006, 07:07 AM
Your site looks really nice. Maybe an english version?

Jeff Patnaude

leogardini
03-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Your site looks really nice. Maybe an english version?

Jeff Patnaude Hey Jeff , the english version is there :)!!!

Larry Rutledge
03-13-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm listening now....WOW! Those sound great!

Right now I'm listening to the "Piano and Violin Impromptu" (my favorite two instruments)....it is beautiful. I'm guessing those are real instruments, right?

Final Design Studios
03-13-2006, 10:46 AM
wow. good stuff. This may be one of the best sounding DVXfests yet.

Kholi
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Most people aren't even shooting at the moment. I think there'll be interested parties, though.

=P

JPatnaude
03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey Jeff , the english version is there :)!!!

In the words of Homer Simpson.....DOH!

Jeff P:huh:

Very nice compositions and doesn't sound cheesy in the least.
Excellent.

Larry Rutledge
03-13-2006, 03:39 PM
I just finished listening to the rest of your samples from your website.......WOW! :shocked: AMAZING! I love your work! I may be contacting you real soon!

aw grasshopper
03-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Leo -

Absolutely great music. I'm sure you will get more offers than you know what to do with. I know I would certainly consider you a prime choice.

Grasshopper

Brandon Rice
03-13-2006, 06:48 PM
WOW! Excellent stuff!!! WOW

Norm Sanders
03-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Leo, your work is prime, no question about it. Maybe I can ask you to see if this is inappropriate or not ...

As there are SO many talented composers interested in working with this festival (more than I ever could have dreamed of), I was thinking about doing a sort of audition and hoping that it's taken as a compliment because we simply can't decide ... those that aren't impressive won't get the e-mail.

Essentially, for us, I plan on sending the script out (just rec'd 3rd draft), and pointing them to a particular page; The Hero's moment. This is where we'd want the crucial theme that the whole short's music should center around. The composers that are interested in the excercise would have a week to get us their track, and the one we think most matches the theme and character would be the composer for the short.

Those who weren't selected would ideally have an awesome piece to market to the other film makers as a potential theme, etc.

Is that rude or presumptious? We honestly can't decide, and thought it would be an ideal way of getting to know how the composer thinks, make sure we're on the same page, etc.

leogardini
03-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey all , thank you for the wonderful comments:)...theres some new tracks coming soon for you to listen to , some of them very diferent from what youve heard so far , Il announce them here when theyre there!!!

leogardini
03-14-2006, 07:24 AM
Leo, your work is prime, no question about it. Maybe I can ask you to see if this is inappropriate or not ...

As there are SO many talented composers interested in working with this festival (more than I ever could have dreamed of), I was thinking about doing a sort of audition and hoping that it's taken as a compliment because we simply can't decide ... those that aren't impressive won't get the e-mail.

Essentially, for us, I plan on sending the script out (just rec'd 3rd draft), and pointing them to a particular page; The Hero's moment. This is where we'd want the crucial theme that the whole short's music should center around. The composers that are interested in the excercise would have a week to get us their track, and the one we think most matches the theme and character would be the composer for the short.

Those who weren't selected would ideally have an awesome piece to market to the other film makers as a potential theme, etc.

Is that rude or presumptious? We honestly can't decide, and thought it would be an ideal way of getting to know how the composer thinks, make sure we're on the same page, etc. Norm , I dont think in any way this is rude or presumption...you are just trying to work with the best composer and I appreciate you interest... actually you are asking me something that Ive already offered many times for my past clients and Ive never lost any busyness doing that!!!
Sure theres lots of talents here and I understand that its dificult to make a decision , but I need to prove that my underline statement is completely true , so , you may send a scene to me...the only thing is that I , and any other composer , cant score scenes for all of you interested because it would be to much workand Im afraid theres no time for that...maybe one or two scenes from diferent directors is enough for an evaluation...what do you think???

Norm Sanders
03-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Well, as you'll see, I've already sent that e-mail out. There's only one thing I'm looking for at the moment, and that's the Hero's theme, based on a scene/page that's listed for the script (entire script sent).

My hope is that not only will composers have something that others can listen to (if it's not the selected theme), but that it can readily be used for someone else's short film as well ... so that the whole process might be efficient & productive for all.

Look forward to hearing something from you, Leo, if you're still interested after reading the e-mail. :)

Parry
03-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Seriously good music....

leogardini
03-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Parry , thanks , mainly for being your first post here!!!

Soon Il be posting a new topic with two hero themes available for you all in this contest!!!

Norm Sanders
03-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Trust me, his work is VERY good.

Taylor Moore
03-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Great work Leo...very visual!!!!
Wish I had time to enter the Hero....damn work always gets in the way...

leogardini
03-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey Norm , its great to hear something like this from you , even because its not the first time you post compliments about my music...thanks much!!!

Taylor , its a pity you are not going to make part of hero fest , this is a great subject for a movie , but even in this way , if you need a composer for any other movie fell free to contact me!!!

Im going to put available two hero themes available for this contest in another topic!!!