PDA

View Full Version : Can One Release Cover the Same Person/Location for Extended Time?

Tainted
03-11-2006, 08:38 PM
If I'm planning on doing a doc over a period of a year or longer, do I need participant releases for every scene/day shot if it includes the same people? Or can I get a release from my participants that covers an extended period of time like a year? Of course, I'll need a location release for each location as well, but same question goes here as well. If I am going to film at the same location over and over again for a year, can I just get one release that covers the whole time? Or do I need a release for each day I shoot at the location? I'm asking because I'm starting to make plans for a doc, but I'll be shooting the same group of people over and over again, often in the same locations, and I'm hoping I don't need to deal with releases for the same people and same places every time I shoot. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

versioncity1
03-12-2006, 12:53 AM
One release form is fine as long as you include the duration your shooting over in the agreement.