PDA

View Full Version : software for budgeting

Angrius
03-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi guys. I have a potential project coming up with a deadline in August. It's a video on a town that's celebrating it's 100th anniversary. Basically a historical timeline with personal interviews and whatnot from the townsfolk. I'm looking at having it around 30-40 minutes in length.

I am pretty much the crew but there will be a lot of different costs and I'm looking for some really good budgeting software or if anybody has a template I could use that would be great. I don't think I need Movie Magic on this one. The total $ is about 12000.00.

If anybody can help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

vidled
03-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Hey,
it is not necessary to post the same message in EACH forum, in fact it is a little annoying.

ADDED: http://www.filmwareproducts.com/ShowbizSolutions/sb-budget.html
or together with Sunfrog's FILM SCHEDULING software (formally bullfrog):
http://sunfrog-tech.com/budgeting/budgeting.htm

versioncity1
03-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Do you really need software for a one man documentary? surely pen & paper is sufficient?

Angrius
03-11-2006, 03:52 PM
If a paper and pen would work then obviously that's what I would use. There are many facets to this project. Thanks for coming out.

versioncity1
03-12-2006, 12:52 AM
well as you mentioned in youir first post movie magic is the industry standard. I can't understand why you need it on a tiny 12K budget. people did make films before computers.........

Noah
03-12-2006, 06:16 AM
For your information it is no longer movie magic. A company called entertainment partners bought them out. The software is still industry standard, however. They offer student discounts in case you are a student. If you don't have an extensive budget, excel should work just fine. You could probably find a template somewhere online, maybe someone in the forum would be kind enough to send you their template?

Joe_Digital
03-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Movie Magic is the standard, we use it all the time (along with Scheduling) but it is overkill for what you want. For many years we got by with using Excel as the program to generate our budgets -go to telefilm.gc.ca and they have a page where you can download a spreadsheet that has all the line items...you can add or delete as necessary. Courtesy of the Canadian government.

Angrius
03-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Perfect Joe. Thanks!