PDA

View Full Version : Super or not

Beat Takeshi
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
How many are going to do super heros and how many are going to do a real life "hero"?

Larry Rutledge
03-08-2006, 01:07 PM
I thought it was decided that they were all to be "super", not everyday heros? I am doing a non-traditional take on a traditional superhero :grin:

Brandon Rice
03-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I agree... it was supposed to be "super" hero...

Beat Takeshi
03-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Oh, i must have missed that decision. DANG i have to erase the 4 tapes we shot already and start over. Maybe I can just composite a cape on my cast.

Brandon Rice
03-08-2006, 01:12 PM
LOL... do the composite... it'll save ya time.

Blaine
03-08-2006, 01:27 PM
I agree... it was supposed to be "super" hero...
How about "Super" Dave?

Kholi
03-08-2006, 01:27 PM
LoL

See, this is why it needed to be made official in the first place. =P

But, either way-- SUPER FOR ME!

Thomas J. O'Hara
03-08-2006, 01:44 PM
i'm going super!

Ben Sliker
03-08-2006, 07:37 PM
yeah, our script was for an everyday hero, but after reading all the posts around here, we switched ours to a superhero just to be safe.

John C Lyons
03-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Yeah it should be made a "Sticky" the general rules of the SuperFest contest...IMHO

Ought2bCommitted
03-08-2006, 09:20 PM
How about "Super" Dave?

LOL

I LOVED Super Dave! I miss him!!! He used to crack me up!!!!! :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

CallaghanFilms
03-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Kimko was on that show.

profnoxin
03-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Also, non-traditional take on superhero. Bit more in the vane of WildStorm characters.

Jack Daniel Stanley
03-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm gonna cross post this in the other two or three threads about this since there seems to be no clear official word and there's no official thread or sticky :)

I was gonna do something like "A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE"

Please don't ask us, it's up to YOU to decide. Really. Don't ask me to get geekier than I already am. The term "hero" is thrown around a lot today, so you might want to put the bar a little higher lest you include the really helpful lady at your vet--or at least put a cape on her. :)
Based on this defintition I took was developing something about a man who was seen as a hero in his community and then does something that might seem heroic on some level but turns out to just be graphic and awful and at the opposite end of the human spectrum - animalistic anc base and violent an primal

because THIS mod (Barry) in THIS definition left it open to MORTALS with heroic qualities ... in other words someone that commits or is capable of committing an act of heroism!

Now somehow Jarred seems to have made it just SUPER hero's b uy nature of calling it SUPER hero in another thread after Barry's.

Glad it's not two weeks before the contest. I'm also only 65% as interested now.

But maybe Jarred was just being loose with his language when he typed SUPER hero after Barry had just typed hero, and excluded jantors for going to work everyday and commuting 90 minutes each way, but including tellers that stop a bank robbery, a dad that throws him or herself in front of a bullet to save his kid, etc.

I, hope it's left to the more broad definition that may include extrordinary mortals/and or movies that deal thematically with what it is / means to be a hero. :thumbsup:

Norm Sanders
03-12-2006, 09:12 PM
We're going dark. VERY dark, super hero all the way.