PDA

View Full Version : Working with composers and actors on the boards--

Kholi
03-03-2006, 12:26 PM
For those of you whom collaborated with others, how did you go about it without breaking rules?

Did you share your scripts to gain interest from composers or did you wait until you were finished to show them?

I think you're not supposed to promote or show anything until it's done, right? So if you showed a script or concept or finished pieced to a composer and he/she talks about it later to someone else ( Good or bad ), is that considered breaking the rules?

Brandon Rice
03-03-2006, 12:36 PM
It is completely allowed to privately show specific individuals things. It's the public aspect that is disallowed.

Beat Takeshi
03-03-2006, 01:33 PM
I think you're not supposed to promote or show anything until it's done, right? So if you showed a script or concept or finished pieced to a composer and he/she talks about it later to someone else ( Good or bad ), is that considered breaking the rules?

I dont think anyone here would forward your confidence to someone else without permission. Asking or giving help or critiques help strengthen the short therefore strenthening the end result of the contest.

Kholi
03-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I dont think anyone here would forward your confidence to someone else without permission. Asking or giving help or critiques help strengthen the short therefore strenthening the end result of the contest.

Oh, of course. Always. I'm just concerned about being disqualified for showing work before the judging period.

But, Briceman made it clear-- It's public promotion that's a no-no.

I'm getting ahead of myself, anyway... I haven't even begun to write scenes yet. =P

I just want to know a few things so that I'm prepared when/if it comes time to start calling on board members that might be willing to help out.

WilderWorks
03-03-2006, 02:23 PM
It's tough. My group was in the habit of communicating and preparing for shoots using our website's forum, but when it came to DVX entries, I had to find a way to hide the threads and give access to a limited group. It's a good rule though, and a sensible one.

g0ldenb0y55
03-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Rules are good! Keeps everyone in line. Just don't forget them!