Anybody Seen any footage from the Sony A1U

Single 3 mp CMOS chip
Captures up to 1080i
also SD in DV and DVCAM.

I'm kinda excited about it all for under 2,000.00 USD

HMMM can anybody say second camera.

myfriendimage
02-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Eh, I think its just me but single chip HDV cameras end up kind of producing a flat image but for the price I would use it as secondary camera. I like the xlr input.

chotoboto
02-25-2006, 05:48 AM
I have the HC1 , that is a lees profesional clone of A1, and I must say that the image is fantastic for the price. I thougt A1 will be better because its xlr and more manual options.

ChrisForbes
02-26-2006, 10:00 AM
I think the single CMOS chip has differant properties than a single CCD hopefully we can get someone the post footage.

myfriendimage
02-26-2006, 10:04 AM
I think the single CMOS chip has differant properties than a single CCD hopefully we can get someone the post footage.

It does, CCD's have better lux and color sesnitivity, while CMOS produces a sharper image. its just because a CCD is voltage (analog) and CMOS is a digital signal. There is also less noise on a CCD.

ChrisForbes
02-27-2006, 09:38 AM
That's funny isn't it, an analog signal out of the type of chip that enables most of the digital imaging devices from scanners and cellphone cameras to high end video gear. that would make for an interesting conversation with a non-techie.

I know they have been working on the noise problem for the CMOS chips. It would be interesting to see how it compares to a CCD.

BTW I love Seattle, I lived in Olympia for a while and came "into the city" every chance I got.