PDA

View Full Version : Fake Cocaine..

Burnittotheground
02-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Anybody know what is the safest white powder to substitute for cocaine that looks realistic and won't make an actor have to run to the bathroom after snorting it? It also needs to be safe enough for a dog to get into? I've heard baby laxatives, but the dog may have some problems with that... any ideas?

J.R. Hudson
02-05-2006, 12:41 PM
http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=34442

donatello
02-07-2006, 03:33 PM
give your actors a break .. they do not need to snort anything ...

you run a small tube taped to actors arm ( hide from camera) .. run it into side of rolled up bill$$ ..you then rig other end to a vacuum cleaner ( type that has hose - you need to leave a liitle space open around the small tupe and large vacuum hose - so all the suckcion is NOT just in the small tube - you may have to adjust the opening of this bleed off).. it then sucks up anything you have = sugar , flour , coke etc

Angrius
02-23-2006, 08:32 PM
Holy crap that's ridiculous.

J.R. Hudson
02-23-2006, 08:41 PM
give your actors a break .. they do not need to snort anything ...

you run a small tube taped to actors arm ( hide from camera) .. run it into side of rolled up bill$$ ..you then rig other end to a vacuum cleaner ( type that has hose - you need to leave a liitle space open around the small tupe and large vacuum hose - so all the suckcion is NOT just in the small tube - you may have to adjust the opening of this bleed off).. it then sucks up anything you have = sugar , flour , coke etc

Pacino would be ashamed.

A vacuum cleaner ? Man. That's just the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Kevin Dorsey
02-24-2006, 01:15 AM
If your actors are any good then they should be able to snort real cocaine without getting addicted. If this is a low budget shoot then you should cut the coke with flour.

Seriously, put thin lines down and have the actors blow out through the tightly rolled 2 dollar bill, it will disperse that sweet nose candy all over but it will look like it's being sucked up.

This is what I do when I'm undercover, trying to fit in with all these middle schoolers. Damn this badge!

daustin627
02-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Altoids work great too. If you had a post nasal drip, I would imagine that could make for a nice minty fresh taste.

Angrius
02-24-2006, 11:02 AM
This is the third request for fake cocaine in this forum in the last week..what's the deal.
One of the guys suggested they use crushed powered glass from a lightbulb. Nice.

J.R. Hudson
02-24-2006, 11:08 AM
A Day Later

'Why is my brain bleeding ?'

TheMacB
02-25-2006, 12:52 PM
oh, suck it up!

BTW, Hudson, love the true lies line

Angrius
02-25-2006, 05:18 PM
A Day Later

'Why is my brain bleeding ?'

hahah..exactly.
Light's on...nobody's home.

Barry_S
02-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I find you can usually substutute heroin for cocaine and it looks pretty realistic. The heroin may have a slightly yellowish tinge that can be removed with a secondary color corrector. :costumed-smiley-047

blckhawk542
02-25-2006, 09:26 PM
What about just having flour fall thru a tube or suttin..then in post...reverse the clip to make it seem the person is sniffing it...?

Digigenic
02-26-2006, 12:33 PM
In the movie Blow, they used Vitamin B powder.
At least that's what I recall Paul Ruben saying in the behind the scenes commentary.

-zach-
02-27-2006, 09:53 AM
I find you can usually substutute heroin for cocaine and it looks pretty realistic. The heroin may have a slightly yellowish tinge that can be removed with a secondary color corrector. :costumed-smiley-047

hahahahahhahahahahahhaa.

Seconded.

EVF90
02-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Powered Sugar should work. Get a close up of the object your using to suck up the substance, but instead of snorting it just have them suck it up with their mouths. This way you will still get your shot and give your actors a tasty treat lol.

snodart
02-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Did this with powdered sugar. Had the actor blow the sugar away. Don't think it looks like the real deal so much though.

Ignore the audio. Sound is being mixed as we type.

http://www.snodart.com/snodpublic/final.mov

kingofcomedy86
02-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I dunno man. I have never done the real thing, but I think it looks pretty durn good. It definately looks like it's being snorted up the straw.

Alex

BryD959
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
haha...thats a huge line of coke for that chick...thin it down a bit

RyanT
03-02-2006, 02:47 PM
A little bit chunky if you ask me... maybe make it more refined. Besides that minor issue, it looks really good. :)

Yeah, way too chunky. I like the heroin idea myself :D

Amerikan123
03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
POWDERED SUGAR. Its the only thing, jesus i cant believe noone else said it. I did a drug film with it a bit ago and it doesnt hurt your nose at all. They used it in Blow, they use it in Nip/Tuck, they use it in scarface!

micL
06-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Have them suck it up through their mouth. Just shoot it so you can't see the straw/dollars in their mouths. We did it in school a few years back and it worked out good. We showed the lines, him w/ the dollar getting ready to snort it, the line start disappearing, then a shot behind him looking down as he sucked it up. we put a little flour/powdered sugar(i forgot what we used) on the inside of his nose and it came out good. If i can find it, i'll post it.

snodart
06-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Have them suck it up through their mouth. Just shoot it so you can't see the straw/dollars in their mouths. We did it in school a few years back and it worked out good. We showed the lines, him w/ the dollar getting ready to snort it, the line start disappearing, then a shot behind him looking down as he sucked it up. we put a little flour/powdered sugar(i forgot what we used) on the inside of his nose and it came out good. If i can find it, i'll post it.

That's how we did it in the clip I posted earlier. Seems to work.

epsilonbass
06-10-2006, 09:45 AM
ritalin works too, crushed up... and then your actors will start working extra hard. For your vid, definitely needs to be crushed up more.

maverickstunts
06-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Baby laxative, it's what they used to use to "cut cocaine". Maybe a bit of diarreah, but that's part of method acting.

micL
06-10-2006, 04:29 PM
That's how we did it in the clip I posted earlier. Seems to work.

so in the clip you posted earlier (i finally watched it, it didn't work for me before), she actually blew it away instead of sucking it up? It looks really good if it was blown away, so good that it looks sucked up.

On a side note, your video looks good. good actressing.

snodart
06-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Yes she blew it away with the straw in her mouth.so in the clip you posted earlier (i finally watched it, it didn't work for me before), she actually blew it away instead of sucking it up? It looks really good if it was blown away, so good that it looks sucked up.

On a side note, your video looks good. good actressing.

Yes, she blew it away with the straw in her mouth. And thanks.

GlimmerGhost
06-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Pay a real coke addict to be your talent's "stunt nose"... but make damn sure he/she supplies their own props.

RebelJamProductions
06-17-2007, 12:32 PM
powdered milk

Knoxworth
06-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Usually what I do is put a piece of chalk in the actors nose & have them blow as hard as possible. Play it in reverse & BOOM, nobody has to snort anything. If you do it right the chalk will line up in neat little rows.

Toinou
07-01-2007, 03:59 PM
fake cocain:
ozona menthol... sold in germany, totally legal. just clean your nose (comes orignally from snuff tobacco but the mentol one I knew in germany was tobacco free.)
it just looks like cocain
I quickly found the brand on the internet:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/snuff.html

reaktor
07-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Just snort real cocaine. It isn't that hard and you might enjoy yourself.

Jason Miller
09-04-2007, 10:11 AM
if you want realism, then get powered vit b-12, I used it in a film, had my actors really snort it. its good for them, but it gived them that burn that real coke and or crank gives so the react with realism, which is always better than trying to act with realism.

don't use cheap tricks like blowing through the straw, or useing some sort of vacume tube, it will never look real. if you want real, then realy do it.

ps in my film, i couldnt find the powder so i manualy crunched up some b-12 tablets.

also have some liquid vit E there, so they can put some on their fingers and rub it in their nose. it will keep the drying out from hapening.

12 is one of the main things they cut real crank with, can also use baby powder, baby lazitive. prozac powder, and epson salt. not for the film, but for the cut lol.

Noiz2
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
My god some of the sugestions...
What is done most often, though the B12 might be a good option also, is to use Lactose. This is what some here refered to as baby laxitive, if you eat enough it will work on adults also but your snorting not eating. Anyway it is available in head shops and beer making supplies and probably lots of other places. It is one of the most common things to cut coke with (I here from folks who should know). It looks right and it wont make you sneeze or cake up in your nose. Four is not good at all. It will turn into library paste in you actors resperatory system - not good, and it clumps un realisticaly. Powdered sugar (the grocery store kind) is not redily aborbed (like lactose) and can get gummy and nasty in your actors noses etc. Lactose will not hurt the actors, wont make them sneeze, wont "burn" (you might get that "good reaction" but by take four you also have some really unhappy actors, and is almost instantly absorbed by the system so none of it will get into the lungs. It also wont "dry out" the nose like many of the things mentioned.

B12 should also be redily absorbable.

Funny responces are fun but we really need to give out some good info here or some poor actor is going to get talked into snorting grownd glass or some other dangerous substance. Inhaling ANY powder through the mouth could be anywhere from uncomfortable to fatal. You run the risk of coating your lungs with something you body can't get rid of easily, like raw flour.

Pancrasex
12-27-2007, 03:37 AM
Just snort real cocaine. It isn't that hard and you might enjoy yourself.

Best suggestion yet, Reaktor said it best. But at nearly $140 a gram for 100%, you might want a bigger budget.

reaktor
02-25-2008, 06:17 AM
but it gived them that burn that real coke and or crank gives so the react with realism, which is always better than trying to act with realism.

Definetally use the B12 in substitution for meth if it does burn like that, but don't use it for coke if it burns as bad as meth becuase your actors are going to be pissed and nobody cringes after snorting coke... unless they don't have a septum.

andy mace
02-25-2008, 06:39 AM
:grin: at some of the answers here! Back in the early 80's when I was in high school it was common wisdom that coke was cut with Inositol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inositol) because it looks like the real thing. There. Now I've contributed to this mindless post.

Paramour
03-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Use Mannitol it looks like coke and can be snorted with no harm it also tastes good you can find it on ebay google it.

13th Judas
03-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Best suggestion yet, Reaktor said it best. But at nearly $140 a gram for 100%, you might want a bigger budget.

no need for extra budget. just ask the actors to use their own stock. they always keep this kind of thing, don't they? :D

Breezey6
03-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Vitamin B, crushed up. Looks just like cocaine and is mellow on the nose. The vaccum cleaner idea is ridiculous. Or just ask the DP, Gaffer and the Dolly grip, I am sure they have a stash of the real stuff somewhere on set.

mechjustin
03-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Simple Answer:

Working on the film Blow, they used Milk Powder for snorting Coke. Its cheap and is not of any harm to your body. Since then I have used it for several films and have snorted it myself. Milk powder comes a little clumpy, you can break it down for the gain of your choice, also you can add Butter Salt to give it a yellow tint if your not snorting it.

DanBell
05-17-2008, 02:45 AM
I used powdered sugar on a shoot where the characters were using blow. They said it tasted sweet when it dripped into their throats and it didn't really hurt or anything when they snorted it. Powdered sugar works and it won't kill anyone. Just make sure your performers aren't diabetic.

LightningFilms
05-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Milk powder or 30mg/50mg of Vitamin B powder. The milk powder looks more legit, just make sure your actor isn't lactose. Shoot the closeups from a few angles and use the shots more than once. If the snorting isn't clearly in the shot than the blowing away trick does work rather well just don't use a clear tube like the poster's video earlier. I don't know if he was demonstrating the effect or what but you clearly see nothing going UP the tube.