PDA

View Full Version : 2/3" joy

vidled
01-31-2006, 04:06 PM
It's interesting that with all the 'buzz' about 24p (and 25p) the companies producing video cameras are having great success in selling their products at a premium.
Nothing wrong with that at all of course, but this is so much so, that nowadays a professional camera, such as the 2/3" DVCAM SONY DSR-400 can be had for just over U$10000 –little more than the top-of-the-line 1/3"–, and that includes batteries and Fujinon lens. It's SD, it's 60i, it's 4:3, but heck, a good cam for little money nevertheless!

A pic:

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusiness/images/product/front_zoom/dsr400_z.jpg

myfriendimage
01-31-2006, 04:27 PM
I think 24p is in demand because there is way more people trying to be indiefilmakers than indie broadcasters. I am the only person I know that likes 60i.

John Wesley Norton
01-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Nothing wrong with 60i if you want your material to feel 'live' and 'immediate.' 24 p mimics film which has a more dreamy, timeless quality. I own a JVC GY-500 and shot a film on it. Heavy post work was required of course, but we found a distributor. I also like the look of 60i for things such as reality shows, game shows, news and documentary programs, etc. These programs are hurt when they try to shoot 24p like so many of them are now. They are less exciting than if presented in standard video.
Interesting time to be a videographer I'd say.

Ralph Oshiro
02-11-2006, 03:28 AM
That's why the DSR450 is soooo interesting . . .