PDA

View Full Version : Sony's got ANOTHER HDV camera?

Digigenic
01-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Evidently so...
More info. can be found in the Sony HDVinfo forums... (http://www.sonyhdvinfo.com/showthread.php?t=3847)
======================================
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/WICKEDPIXEL/video/sonyhdrhc3.jpg

stephenlnoe
01-25-2006, 05:20 PM
HDV is not going away.

Expect more high end pro HDV by NAB.

myfriendimage
01-25-2006, 05:37 PM
The only HDV really has going against it is the 4:2:0 chroma sampling, but I know I love HDV.

James Gerber
01-25-2006, 06:07 PM
So is all that info for real? or is it still alleged info?

I've already posted some questions on a different forum, but I was currious, why is it called the HC3, and not the HC2?

Are the shutter speeds the same?

1) HC3 Faster?
Awesome!!! Because I don't believe in prerolls, and tend to wait until the exact moment that action begins before hiting the record button... and that 7 seconds it takes the HC1 to powerup and start recording is wayyyyyyy tooooo long. :)

2) No Manual Focus/Zoom Ring?
Personally not a big fan of that.

3) Smaller?
That'd be good

4) 5lux (vs. the HC1's 7)?
That'd be good

5) Top Load for the cassette.
That'd definately be good!

Low light, top load, and small size is awesome... but I'm glad they didn't offer a manual focus/zoom ring... otherwise I would have regreted jumping the gun with the HC1.

bikefilms
01-28-2006, 03:41 PM
That may be bogus.

I met with SONY's product rep at CES, to look at their next years line. I didn't see that one though. I did see mostly harddrive and DVD cams. Oh, and an analog cam.

-a

thisiswells
01-28-2006, 03:48 PM
The only thing HDV has going against it is that Panasonic doesn't support it.
I just love the images from Panasonic cameras. Maybe I'll get the JVC, I dunno.

James Gerber
01-28-2006, 03:55 PM
I dunno.. ppl have their hands on the owners manual already.

I guess, from what I hear, is that this will definately be a camera geared towards the masses. (hence a push for more automatic settings, etc..).

But the end result could mean more sales and more support within the HDV market.

jg