PDA

View Full Version : my first film

oli
12-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Hey folks,
here is my first short, (shot on a sony dv school-cam)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5743008950301359996&q=%22Something+About+Pizza+%28short+movie+240+MB+v ersion%21%29%22+playable%3Atrue

thanks for your feedback.
oli

P.s. audio-edit is not final

chris grieder
12-29-2005, 07:32 PM
sorry, google video doesnt work for me. but if u host it somewhere else ill love to see it.

mcshyd
12-29-2005, 08:12 PM
ok ok. first of all, that's a sweet bike, do you take it off any jumps?

the title sequence is too long

when someone is thinking about something delicious, they lick their lips, not their teeth.

don't do the "walk into camera" transition and then cut to them walking away from the same spot. actually, i would just never do the "walk into camera" thing period, but some people think its the bees knees.

noooooo the pizzas gone omgomgomgomgomg!

the loop of the shower sound is too short. google "free sound project"

anyone who reacts like the d00d in the shower deserves to die.

your mom is fucking awesome!

way way way way way too long.

good work though, way better than my first short, that's for damn sure.

Matt Sconce
12-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Mad Props on your first movie!!! I enjoyed the plot, and camera angles. I thought what you did with a handy cam is wonderful. Keep it up!

Ed Kishel
12-30-2005, 12:51 AM
your film doesnt take itself too seriously, so its oddball humor works for the most part. It does need to be tightened up (less is more)

Lakmir0
12-30-2005, 04:25 PM
I make it a point never to judge content, that is far too subjective. However, when it comes to technicals, you did a great job with CC and motion to make look like film. I agree with whomever said that a couple of your angles were awkward, but those were pretty good for the most part. Your music choice was great...I am a sucker for classical. Very good for a student flick. Keep up the good work!

oli
12-30-2005, 07:02 PM
i think a director should not be also the editor, because it is very hard to let go :)

@chris grieder are you from germany?
i downīt know why, but for any reason, google-video doesnīt work in germany.
sorry, i do not have other webspace :(

_MR_
01-17-2006, 10:54 AM
i think a director should not be also the editor, because it is very hard to let go :)

I think first time directors, if they're capable, SHOULD edit their first films. There is nothing better for learning than sitting in an editing chair going "oh god, why did I do that? That's too long. I can't cut out. I wish I shot that angle...what can I do to cover it up?"

If they finish a film and have people tell them it's too long, or the pacing isn't right, then they have to think about WHY that is. A first time director/editor who thinks "this is MY vision...NO ONE ELSE MATTERS...MWAA HA HA HA" will hopefully by the end of the first rough cut have some friends who will tell them that half of it needs cutting out. The biggest lesson to learn IS letting go. Just as important in pre-production and production as it is in post.

I also think that a first time director needs to sit in with the sound guys as well while they're editing and mixing. It is THE most important part of the film.

This is in general folks...haven't seen the flick yet. Congratulations for getting into it!

Luis Caffesse
01-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Love the eyes wide shut soundtrack!
:thumbsup:

(and of course psycho)
Nice job.

oli
01-17-2006, 12:40 PM
I think first time directors, if they're capable, SHOULD edit their first films. There is nothing better for learning than sitting in an editing chair

Thats true, I realy learned very much with the editing of this project, it was an important experiance for me.

trustthewake
01-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I make it a point never to judge content,

Never ever?

Nice work for a first student film. Is this college or high school? And what are you trying to say with this project?

oli
01-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Itīs a highschool project but no teacher was involved so I was indie.
Actually I do not try to say anything with this project, itīs just what it is, an italien foot drama supported by selected and edited music =)

A visual and editing exercise for myself.

Charli
01-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Did you work off a script or just wing it? Liked the mother in the end. Short
about 2 minutes too long, I think.

Charli

oli
01-27-2006, 04:12 PM
actually the story was fixed to the music =)