PDA

View Full Version : quik flix

Beat Takeshi
07-14-2003, 06:44 AM
-->pasted from 2pop<--most of you are probably from there but I decided to post this here anyway.
-------------------------------------------------------
I did a last minute "lets go shoot something"last night around 6 so I called 2 friends and 3 hours later I have this.

http://www.urbanmouse.com/images/LOB/REPtest.mov
(right or command-click and click "save target as...")

Its shot at 24p reg with nothing else done and its really just having some fun with absolutly nothing in mind but showing my friend the difference between the images of the DVX and his PD150 so dont look for any spielberg shaming edits, effects or sound. We had one mic and a cd player for audio.

I have some other DOF tests I will put up this week sometime.
Opp..

aaronkid
07-14-2003, 09:24 PM
wow that clip was awesome. was it all in one take? And i imagine those are two different cameras (only because i saw one in the frame) TELL ME MORE!!!!

-- settings (like image stabilizer on, chroma, gamma?)

-- how did you import the pd150 footage in there?

Also, are you using the ana or is that a crop?

I wish I was cool enough to have your rapper friends and Zoomforce's mountain bike friends. It would give me something to shoot.

BiscuitBoy
07-14-2003, 09:34 PM
hey that was really cool. I really liked the slow dissovles and multi angles, looked like a real music video. Didn't i read that I can rate this clip here somewhere?

did you haft to pay that guy or did you know him?

Beat Takeshi
07-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Thanks, all that was the DVX only, the PD150 footage stayed with my friend because I wasnt interested in trying to match the 2 cameras. The setting was basically the f5 scene setting with only iris changes and i think the MP was at-7. I letter boxed it in-camera since i dont have an ana lens yet. I also shot this way because I need to practice editing this way and testing different things I read on some forums. I took like 15 takes to get all the angles but since he just made that rap up the night before, the ending changed alot so I couldnt use the footage.
OPp..Lords of Brooklyn

Zoomforce
07-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Very nice. The extra angles sure make the video. Boyz got some Skillz as well which doesn't hurt.

Next time you should try using a gold reflector bouncing at him and either drop your MP even lower or mess with the gamma. That would give it a real Master-P kinda bling bling look--- even better would be to add a subtle star fliter.

ScreechingHalt
07-17-2003, 03:42 PM
I agree with Zoomforce! Play with the Master Pedestal to give the footage more snap. Good stuff!

You might consider a better quality microphone for voice at some point, although the compression used for posting may have affected what I was hearing, in which case - never mind.

Best regards,
ScreechingHalt Productions