PDA

View Full Version : Video?

egproductions
12-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Just thought I would share with you the type of "video" that is taught at conceptual art schools. Regretably I attend such an institution. From my experiences they do not teach anything technical or normal for that matter. In fact if, I have to be very careful what type of things I create for these supposed video classes or else i would be criticized for making work that is too commercial (which means anything that is made for entertainment purposes.) They think television is corrupt and they teach their political opinions everyday in a video class. Rather than care about quality an objective half the time is to throw on any crazy filter to distort an image because it is sooo meaningful. They also strive to make the audience uncomfortable with music an imagery. This forum is my escape from that hell and i want to thank everyone here for that and for listening to my rant.

The Following link is to some examples of videos that are products of this art school.

http://video.rutgers.edu/elahi/students/fall05/video1/moving/

Lakmir0
12-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Dude, I really feel for you. The videos on that site could be bested by any person on this site without even going into post production. Get your degree there if you must, but get your pointers from this site and others like it. I have been on here looking at people's stuff for like a week now and I already have learned alot. Also, never forget to utilize the best resource...the video store.

egproductions
12-28-2005, 08:06 PM
You can learn a lot from my art school by just doing the opposite that is taught. But seriously i do more teaching in those classes than the teachers they couldnt teach technical video even if they wanted

myfriendimage
12-28-2005, 08:12 PM
the only cool one is jess, they are horrible.