PDA

View Full Version : Studio style remote operation with DXV100B or HVX200

Flintstone
12-11-2005, 07:41 AM
I've been considering using HVX200 or DVX100B for shooting certain events and council meetings. The idea would be to run solo by getting 3 or 4 camera, low-cost pan & tilt heads, zoom/focus/iris remotes, a DV video switcher, and all the accompanying cables and trinkets.

The action is relatively predictable, so the operation of the cameras and video switching should be tolerable. The iris remote would serve as a CCU-Iris control wannabe. The cameras can be pre-matched prior to the shoot. I know this is nowhere near true studio setups, but since cost is a factor, it's probably the best option.

My questions are: Has anyone ever tried a similar setup? If yes, can you please elaborate? What would be the pitfalls of such a setup? What is the longest distance a zoom/focus/iris remote can be extended to? Do you know of any usable low-cost pan and tilt devices?

wambli
01-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Will you be doing this by yourself? "Low cost pan & tilt heads", remotly controlled? We use DataVideos switcher and have been very pleased with it. Has 4 DV firewire inputs and two audio aux inputs.