PDA

View Full Version : Traler for short film shot with DVX

07-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Working on a trailer for "Afflicted", a short film written and directed by a friend of mine. I shot it on the DVX and edited the trailer, still needs some titles. *Zoomforce is hosting it here:

right click and save as I dont think it is set for streaming:

http://www.dvxuser.com/image/afflictedtr.mov

Comments welcome!

-Tony Donaldson

BiscuitBoy
07-25-2003, 10:22 AM
nice edit for that trailer Tony! but I have no idea what your movie is about. Is the woman going on drugs because her child was kidnapped? I guess a voice-over or titles would be good. I really like the quick cuts to the music though, very well done.

07-25-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks!

It's a work in progress, I have to add some titles so people will know what's up, and change the end titles.

08-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Hi Tony,

I was wondering if you could tell a little about your technique for shooting. Did you shoot at 24P Advanced? What was your shutter speed set at? Any filtration? Also how did you get the smooth tracking shots? What system did you edit on? Did you do any special color correction? Is the final output at 24 fps?

I think the look of the footage is very good, better than a lot that I have seen. Thanks for posting it.

-Lane Wyrick
Xap Interactive, Inc.

Raptor3400
03-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Whatever happened to Tony and this movie, havent heard anything in ages and I was looking forward to his movie. I really liked the look. ???

Zoomforce
03-03-2004, 01:18 AM
good question.. looked like it had a ton of potential..

maybe hes been abducted to hollywood :)

Raptor3400
03-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Yeah, lets hope. Maybe he can put in a good word for us. ;)

boo
03-03-2004, 05:46 PM
i just sent an email to tony and a link to this thread so hopefully he can keep us up to date on this movie. :)

03-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Haha, you guys are awesome.

It's just finished. Looks fairly different, as Tony de Moraes (writer/director) cut it himself on FCE. I really like the way it came together. He's not put it online yet, I'll try to post a link when he does.

Camera moves were made with my own custom made dolly. Shutter I usually keep at 1/48, it's shot in regular 24p (other than the pill drop sequence, shot in 30i to offer better slow motion). Edit was done in FCP on my trailer. I did no real color correction on the trailer, just careful white balance and gels on the lights when needed. Filtration was mostly ND filters, I was trying to keep the DOF very low to keep the focus on the actors.

In the mean time, I've been working on a bunch of other stuff. I'm a still photographer as my "day job", shooting sports and personalities for ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Slam, Time, Millimeter (recently shot with George Lucas). I DP and occasionally produce short films as a sideline. One recent one, with a different flavor, is Hal Jordan's parody of the MTV show "Punk'd", which you can watch in its entirety on triggerstreet.com, do a search for "f*ck'd". I'll warn you, it's dark! Have also shot a short called "Drag Queen Heist" (not finished yet), and in preproduction for another film for de Moraes and two commercial parodies for Jordan. I'm getting a lot of good projects recently, one of these days I should relly put together a proper reel. http://www.dvxuser.com/YaBBImages/wink.gif

I recently directed/shot/edited my own short film. THAT project was interesting, just for fun. I'd just rediscovered Reggio's "Koyaanisqatsi", it's full of time lapses and time changes (some slow motion) with clips from some of my other projects injected for good measure. http://www.tdfilms.com/tonyq2.mov .

Would love to hear thoughts.

Cheers,

Tony