PDA

View Full Version : HVR Z1u monitor out

SoBeTV
11-18-2005, 11:29 AM
I would like to send the same display that is visible in the LCD screen while shooting out to a separate CRT monitor so that a producer could watch the 16:9 & 4:3 safe marks and time code, but when I go into the menu: OTHERS> DISP OUTPUT> V-OUT/PANEL the safe marker and TC display flash on for a split second in my CRT monitor and then disappear. When I press "status check" it only displays the other status pages on the analog video output. Is there some way to keep the entire "lcd viewfinder" display up on the analog video output? I guess they intended this to be a clean analog video output for separate recording.

SoBeTV
11-22-2005, 05:10 PM
In reply to my inquiry, Sony called me and told me a "twin" of the LCD display can only be sent to an analog monitor by turning OFF the safe markers. Then you can see the audio meters & time code and a few other settings on an outboard monitor. Still I would much rather be able to see 16:9 and 4:3 safe markers on an outboard monitor so that a director could protect safe 4:3 if necessary.