PDA

View Full Version : Costumes & Props Source

GenJerDan
11-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Got a catalog from these people today: http://www.museumreplicas.com/WebStore/Home.aspx

So...looks nice, looks like good quality. Not cheap, but not outrageously expensive, either. Just thought I'd pass it along, in case anyone is ever doing a period or fantasy piece and wants to go a step above my-Mom-made-the-costumes.

Hmmm...I guess this forum is the closest we have for costumes & such...

FourStarCinema
11-16-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm actually working on a period piece and this is some great info. Thanks!!

GenJerDan
11-16-2005, 03:11 PM
:)

I'm looking at some of it because...well...I'm just sick of wearing jeans and t-shirts all the time. :grin:

jpbankesmercer
11-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Local stations usually have a supply of costumes and props they are willing to hire out too.
If not get friendly with a local magician like me :grin: boy they have some good shiz.
J.P.

JPatnaude
11-17-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm friends with Hank Reinhardt (the older guy cleaving stuff in inset pictures in the magazine). They really do a great job at creating the stuff. He sold that company some time ago, but still helps and advises.
There is a whole group of people who dress up and get together on a regular basis. They are called something like "The society for Creative Anachronism," which Hank helped start many years ago. A lot of those folks have weapons and costumes, and would probably be willing to be extras.

Jeff Patnaude

americanmaniac
11-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Does anyone have any site's for horror make up/FX? That is what I really want to do is all horror.