PDA

View Full Version : my lego film

surf
11-04-2005, 12:39 PM
I have made a film with lego about 3 years ago. today I was browsing my PC, when I found it again. I post a link, it is on the web. this is one of my favourites. what is your opinion about it?

http://www.smart.atw.hu/dolgok/legovar.html

J.R. Hudson
11-04-2005, 12:43 PM
LOL

I actually thought this was fun; like pre pre-vis today. Like animatics almost. One day you'll be on location with a castle and horses and this will come back to you. Great blocking excercises!

Chris Messineo
11-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Hudson is right, it looks like some cheesy animatics. Lot of fun though.

Chris

Trunks4200
11-04-2005, 03:16 PM
As much as legos holds a nostalgic feel for me, I wasn't digging this so much.

I think it needs more. Maybe some cheesy dialog instead of the same music over and over for 5 minutes.

Other than that, good job on the stop motion.

Daniel Skubal
11-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Great blocking excercises!

IRONY!!!

ahahahaha that was funny to me

J.R. Hudson
11-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Hehheh (I get it)

slinks
11-05-2005, 02:17 AM
all i know is that those 3 pirates pushing in the gates must be some buffed out dudes to be able to bust the castle gates down like that! amazing! haha stop motion is tough stuff...here is a lil fun lil gif i made a while back.

http://www.thinkslinks.com/myspace/specialsnake.gif

snake anyone?

taubkin
11-05-2005, 08:12 AM
haha, somebody moved the chair!

Chris Messineo
11-05-2005, 10:15 AM
That snake animation is awesome!

Chris

Smithhouse
11-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Pretty interesting, Surf.

IDOG
11-05-2005, 11:00 AM
hmmm. Compresson needs work, but it is very interesting.

joemiked
11-10-2005, 12:46 PM
ive been thinkig of doing soem stop motion soon !!!!!are you gonna try some more!!
www.mikedvideo.com

Zac Henke
11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
That background of the blue mountains had better not be one of the sample photos that come on brand new computers.

I'd have ta smack ya.

Neat vid

dustino
11-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Good stuff. you should do a re-shoot with the DVX and better backgrounds. Excuse me, not a re-shoot, a sequel!

tktk
11-11-2005, 05:03 AM
Cool. Always been a fan of legos. Just have to say the first part of the short was much weaker than the end. The animation and camera seemed more controlled in the latter part of the short. The movements also more fluid and precise. Good job though. Looking forward to seeing another.

ProfD
11-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Hey Surf.... how does 1.7 million robotic lego pieces sound? heh....I'm a cosponsor of the Lego's Robotics Group here at the college. We offer Summer weeklong workshops for kids, parents, teachers, etc.. Check out this past summer's group...

http://www.teamdeltaclub.com/LegoMain.htm

I did a documentary a few weeks ago involving Lego Racing using a cool-ass 40 ft long aluminum race track. The kids went nuts building their own cars and racing them. Of course we were concentrating on the science and engineering behind it all, encouraging them to increase or decrease weight, length, etc... They catch on quickly.

Laterz,
Prof. D.

HybridCreations
11-11-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm so ignorant to stop motion. How the hell do you do that while going handheld? I always thought you'd have to lock the shots off so you could match it exactly to the next? I loved when the characters became animated. Good work man.
-Ryan

surf
11-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey Surf.... how does 1.7 million robotic lego pieces sound? heh....I'm a cosponsor of the Lego's Robotics Group here at the college. We offer Summer weeklong workshops for kids, parents, teachers, etc.. Check out this past summer's group...

http://www.teamdeltaclub.com/LegoMain.htm

I did a documentary a few weeks ago involving Lego Racing using a cool-ass 40 ft long aluminum race track. The kids went nuts building their own cars and racing them. Of course we were concentrating on the science and engineering behind it all, encouraging them to increase or decrease weight, length, etc... They catch on quickly.

Laterz,
Prof. D.

it sounds very good. although it needs a lot of time. (and now I do not have too much). this 3 min short took 4-5 hours to do.

ProfD
11-11-2005, 03:39 PM
I was not proposing anything to you, simply chatting about our LEGO efforts locally.

Thanks,
Prof. D.

Jay Rodriguez
11-11-2005, 05:56 PM
that was pretty cool!!! The snake gif was great!

surf
11-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I was not proposing anything to you, simply chatting about our LEGO efforts locally.

Thanks,
Prof. D.
oh I thought I could join the group! :) :) :)

jermz
11-12-2005, 12:26 PM
all i know is that those 3 pirates pushing in the gates must be some buffed out dudes to be able to bust the castle gates down like that! amazing! haha stop motion is tough stuff...here is a lil fun lil gif i made a while back.

http://www.thinkslinks.com/myspace/specialsnake.gif

snake anyone?

LOL! That is just too awesome!

HybridCreations
11-13-2005, 07:29 AM
See THAT looks like stop motion to me (Slinks post). Funny as hell, but you see the camera jiggle everytime an adjustment is made. I didn't really notice that with the legos. The handheld looks so smooth! I don't get it, can anyone explain?
-Ryan

daviddelaurier
11-14-2005, 10:12 AM
HAha...Nice lego flick. It takes me back.

Giallogreg
11-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Haha, that was great! What song is that?