PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt and Poster?

Merchants of Dreams
10-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I was wondering if anybody already got their Zombie T-Shirt and Poster? Did Jared already send them?

Thanks a Million

PowerMac84
10-29-2005, 04:58 AM
What about the T-Shirt?
I thought participants of the Zombie contest would get a free T-Shirt and DVD?
It that is true, where can I "order" that?

Patrick

ecarr
10-30-2005, 07:20 PM
if you sent your film for the dvd to him by the deadline then he'd send you a poster (on a disc) and your t-shirt.

Norm Sanders
10-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Patience. They're free.

He's got a ton on his plate right now trying to get everything together to ship out, getting the festival DVD's together, planning this new festival, etc. Not to mention, I'm sure he's got a day job to help pay the bills in there somewhere (i.e. production shoots, other editing, etc.).

DeBranne
11-01-2005, 09:06 PM
We (me and Jarred) sent them out yesterday to everyone, so you should be getting them in the next week. Each packet contains the free shirt and CD with the poster Photoshop file on it with fonts so you can add your names and get it printed out.

We do have quite a few XL Zombiefest shirts left over also, so if anyone wants to order extras for crew let me know, we will let you have them for $10 each until they are all gone.

Norm Sanders
11-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey that's great, but I'm more impressed with "Diamond Member" and only 17 posts. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up, seriously. I know myself, and everyone else are looking forward to it!

Daniel Skubal
11-01-2005, 10:46 PM
That's good news! :) we really appreciate your guys' hard work!

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Hey that's great, but I'm more impressed with "Diamond Member" and only 17 posts. :thumbsup: ...

That's because she's a Diamond in Jarred's eyes :happy:
(see photo on her public profile ... same as Jarred's)

And Deb I'm gonna PM you about those shirts!

Norm Sanders
11-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly. :)

I liked that profile picture of theirs so much, that I posted it as my profile picture as well! :thumbsup: :evil:

j/k

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly. :)

I liked that profile picture of theirs so much, that I posted it as my profile picture as well! :thumbsup: :evil:

j/k
haha

dare you to use it as your avatar :evil:

Jeremy Ordan
11-02-2005, 12:22 PM
You dare him!?!

Now if you had double dog dared me, that would be a completely different issue.

Can't wait to get the Tshirt and order the DVD once it's available. Thanks for the hard work!

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-02-2005, 12:35 PM
he he!

Norm Sanders
11-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Once I'm tired of having member status, and think it would be cooler to have "Banned" under my name, I'll take you up on that dare, Jack. :thumbsup:

TC
11-03-2005, 11:42 AM
:grin:

aw grasshopper
11-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Zombie Movie Makers -

My spouse and I got our t-shirts and cd's today! Great quality shirt - love the saying and I can hardly wait to get the poster printed out. Again, thank you for such an awesome contest and great reward even for those of us who did not win the big prizes!

Grasshopper

ecarr
11-04-2005, 04:41 PM
hey, i just got my shirt in the mail, it's awesome! you guys rock! i'm gonna wear it like, every day.

but on the cd that came with the shirt, the only photoshop file was the logo that's on the shirt, not the poster.

i'm not complaining, you guys did enough work already, i just wondered if anybody else got this...

khmuse
11-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Just got mine today. Haven't had a chance to check out the disc yet, but the t-shirt is gonna get some wearing time at AFM tomorrow.

HorseFilms
11-04-2005, 05:02 PM
I can't wait. I'm gonna dork all over the place wearing that thing.

Jarred Land
11-04-2005, 07:22 PM
hey yes.. the poster needed to have something changed so it didnt make it onto the CD in time for the shipment.. i figured you wanted the shirts quicker so i just sent em out, since you can download the poster later.

and now is later, so you can download the poster here. Use the fonts i sent on the CD to change the text.

http://www.zombiefest.com/Zombiefest_Poster.psd

ecarr
11-04-2005, 07:45 PM
right on. thanks.

Jarred Land
11-04-2005, 07:47 PM
no problem.. that gives you guys that didnt get your shirts yet some time to play with the poster :)

J.R. Hudson
11-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Is there a general take onhow and where to get a poster made up? Is this a Kinko thing? What are the details we would want to give them?

Jarred Land
11-04-2005, 08:08 PM
kinkos is gonna be expensive.. otto and ritz is pretty cheap, you can make it anysize you want, just export it from photoshop the size you want.

wcs
11-05-2005, 02:11 AM
Got my shirt in today. Luckily my cohort in the project decided that it wasn't his kind of shirt (looser), so I don't have to do joint custody. Thanks a lot, it's a cool shirt.

J.R. Hudson
11-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Got it Jarred; thanks!

HorseFilms
11-05-2005, 02:57 PM
I got mine today, too. Thanks Jarred! I'd love to buy another if you still have extras.

J.R. Hudson
11-05-2005, 03:08 PM
hey, i just got my shirt in the mail, it's awesome! you guys rock! i'm gonna wear it like, every day.

but on the cd that came with the shirt, the only photoshop file was the logo that's on the shirt, not the poster.

i'm not complaining, you guys did enough work already, i just wondered if anybody else got this...

Click This :cheesy:

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/1879/base025yv.jpg (http://dafont.com/en/font.php?file=base_02)

ZombieSquid
11-05-2005, 04:10 PM
i still don't have mine....i wonder if i'll even get one....sob.

HorseFilms
11-05-2005, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure it'll show up on Monday.

Jarred Land
11-05-2005, 05:04 PM
here is the poster

http://www.zombiefest.com/Zombiefest_Poster.psd

and the shirts etc where just mailed this week, so yeah, its gonna take most people till the end of this week.

ZombieSquid
11-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Sweet! Thanks Jared. You are still the man.

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-05-2005, 10:05 PM
hey should we start a thread for our modified / personalized posters?
I'd like to see how other people are working in their titles in and such
I'm having a blast with mine :)

KingVidiot
11-06-2005, 06:06 PM
How do the stragglers that missed the DVD submission order a shirt?

Is it too early to ask?

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-06-2005, 07:36 PM
I think you're supposed to PM DeBranne (see page one this thread). I want to order some extras for my crew. I PMed her Friday night but have not heard anything. Maybe email would be better for her cuz she's not on that much --- although theoritically PMs should forward to her email...

Jarred Land
11-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Sorry guys.. we be workin :). ill set up a page in the next couple pages for those orders.

aw grasshopper
11-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Forgive me one and all if this is a stupid question. I downloaded the poster file but cannot figure out how to change the names. I do not have Photoshop. Can I change the names in PaintShop Pro X. Can't seem to figure it out.

Grasshopper

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Are their layers in Paint shop Pro X? You have to edit the Photoshop layer with text in it. Maybe I'll just make a blank (background w/ no text) giant tiff for you and you can just write on top of it.

EDIT: I saved over mine with a bunch of customization so I'm downloading a clean one now.

Norm Sanders
11-07-2005, 06:26 PM
:cry: still waiting for my shirt & CD ... checking every day.

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-07-2005, 06:31 PM
jut try to envision them ... get it ... envision ... ENVISION ... get it ... GET IT ... is this thing on? hello ... hello? Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen; I'll be here every Monday in Novemember and don't forget to try the salad bar... :cheesy:

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-07-2005, 07:00 PM
OK grasshopper (and anyone else who needs it) here's a giant flattened tiff with no names on it.

Download the font from the font link that Hudson posted and then go to town.

http://frenchquarterfeatures.com/Zombiefest_Poster_Anonymous.tif
you know the drill -- right click/download to save me the bandwidth -- thanks :)

Ought2bCommitted
11-07-2005, 08:04 PM
:cry: still waiting for my shirt & CD ... checking every day.

That makes two of us, Norm! :cry:

Daniel Skubal
11-07-2005, 08:05 PM
me too :(

I don't even know if they got my entry or not. I had some hardcore trouble with getting it in

Ought2bCommitted
11-07-2005, 08:16 PM
me too :(

I don't even know if they got my entry or not. I had some hardcore trouble with getting it in

You should PM Jarred or Barry and find out for sure!

-Robert

Norm Sanders
11-07-2005, 09:12 PM
jut try to envision them ... get it ... envision ... ENVISION ... get it ... GET IT ... is this thing on? hello ... hello? Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen; I'll be here every Monday in Novemember and don't forget to try the salad bar... :cheesy:

LOL!! Funny stuff, Jack, thanks. :beer:

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
LOL!! Funny stuff, Jack, thanks. :beer:
don't encourage me :)

Norm Sanders
11-07-2005, 09:18 PM
I just noticed your banner's back to the previous ... did you get any flack for the DVX/XL2 thing?

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I just noticed your banner's back to the previous ... did you get any flack for the DVX/XL2 thing?
No I'm just about to start using a very obnoxious avatar so I'm trying to keep my obnoxiousness quota to a minimum.

Norm Sanders
11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
:) Let me know how that goes for you! I got PM'd from the Man for one that was changing up to much with alternating crop circles ... that's why I've got the static ones now. Which reminds me, time to change!

ZombieSquid
11-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Shirt! Poster Disc! YES! Thank you mail box!

Jarred Land
11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
coolio :)

drewb50
11-08-2005, 01:54 PM
The t-shirt looks really great! Thanks!

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Wait, there's no poster here. The shirt is great. I'm going to have it vaccum sealed and framed.
There were last minute issues getting the poster onto the CD.
It was never going to be a real poster, only on CD so that you could modify/personlize it for your fillm.
Instead of puttin the poster on the CD however, they just uploaded it. Look back through this thread and you will find:
A) jarred's post of the poster link
B) john_hudson's post of the font link that will match the font on the poster
C) my post of a flattened version of the poster with no names on it (jarred's post had his and barry's names on it as a guide for where to put yours, but some people can't edit the poster in Phootoshop or Illustrator or or work with layers so I posted a flattened nameless version)

enjoy :thumbsup: ... it will be a while til I get mine cuz shipping is so crazy in Nola I requested that mine NOT be sent until the DVD was ready and then be sent FedEX cuz USPS is way behind down here.

aw grasshopper
11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Jack -

Thank you. I got the file downloaded. I'll check into whether PaintShop Pro has layers - not sure.

Grasshopper

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-08-2005, 05:18 PM
No Prob.

But if you are downloading the file I put up you shouldn't need layers per sey, you should be able to just write or draw ontop of that background image.

With program that uses layers you would be able to toggle off or on any text or objects that you put on it, and then slide them around for best composition, but again you don't really need layers only difference is you will be modifying the actual image by writing on it. So save your version as "Save As" so you don't have to download the 100mb file again if you make a goof or change your mind :)

MattinSTL
11-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Okay NOW that avatar is just going TOO far!

Damn dude... if we do a comedy I don't think I want to go up against you... everything you do in banners and avatars is killing me softly. (with laughter)

Okay now why I REALLY stopped by is to say THANKS for the shirt! I can't wait to order a DVD... no really I can't... where's the order form?

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-08-2005, 08:37 PM
hahaha I actually got permission for that one -- turns out Jarred has a sense of humor after all (jk)

no, seriously, he thought it was funny, but he accidentally threw the DVD order forms out with the bag from his low carb Subway wrap, so you'll have to wait till he prints more ...

no for real, they are dealing with some technical issues putting 50 movies from various sources on the DVD, and as soon as they are squared away I'm SURE we'll see a nifty order banner :)

Norm Sanders
11-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Ouch, just learned there were issues with my files, so I didn't make the DVD.

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Oh man I'm sorry to hear that.

Ought2bCommitted
11-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Ouch, just learned there were issues with my files, so I didn't make the DVD.

Oh no! I'm sorry Norm!!! I was looking forward to seeing yours again.

-Robert

Ought2bCommitted
11-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Click This :cheesy:

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/1879/base025yv.jpg (http://dafont.com/en/font.php?file=base_02)

Great link, John! Unfortunately now my wife will add another gazillion fonts to our machine!!! :grin:

-Robert

Ought2bCommitted
11-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Got mine today, Jarred! Thanks a lot, again, for all your hard work! Shirt looks great! :thumbsup:

-Robert

arielman
11-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks Jarred ..recieved mine yesterday . My daughter wants the shirt ..That's what she thinks
Due to filiming in 4.3 ( lesson learned) , I think my short got chopped in more ways than one ...lol
Guess I'll have to buy the dvd .....Ian

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-09-2005, 09:44 AM
how crazy would it be for us (on our own) to put all the shorts that didn't make it on the 4 disk set on a 5th disk "the lost shorts bootleg" on our own?

Ought2bCommitted
11-09-2005, 11:23 AM
how crazy would it be for us (on our own) to put all the shorts that didn't make it on the 4 disk set on a 5th disk "the lost shorts bootleg" on our own?

he he he... great idea. count me in!!! :evil:

-Robert

arielman
11-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Put me on the list as well ........Ian

MattinSTL
11-09-2005, 06:59 PM
You might want to start a new thread for this... my flick didn't make the cut either. They said it was loaded with dropouts... and for whatever reason it plays fine on my own DVD player.

I wanted to be on the DVD release, but I didn't think anybody would miss it if I wasn't... and of course I'm cool with whatever happens. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one who didn't make it.

Ought2bCommitted
11-09-2005, 07:11 PM
You might want to start a new thread for this... my flick didn't make the cut either. They said it was loaded with dropouts... and for whatever reason it plays fine on my own DVD player.

I wanted to be on the DVD release, but I didn't think anybody would miss it if I wasn't... and of course I'm cool with whatever happens. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one who didn't make it.

Bummer Matt! I was looking forward to seeing yours on DVD!

-Robert

BTW, love the avatar.

Daniel Skubal
11-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm pretty sure mine didn't make it then either. Put way too much work into my short, and the edit didn't turn out like I had hoped... discouraging.

Oh well.

Jarred Land
11-09-2005, 09:15 PM
we didnt get your DVD content Dj.. so yeah pretty safe to say your not on the DVD :(

I kinda like the "rest of the best" idea... maybe i will drop em on the 4th DVD if there is room as just files for people to hunt for :)

ecarr
11-09-2005, 10:05 PM
zombie eggs!!!!

Ought2bCommitted
11-10-2005, 08:33 AM
we didnt get your DVD content Dj.. so yeah pretty safe to say your not on the DVD :(

I kinda like the "rest of the best" idea... maybe i will drop em on the 4th DVD if there is room as just files for people to hunt for :)

LOL

And I know I'm pretty excited about zombie eggs!!!! Woo hoo!!!! :thumbsup:

-Robert

ZombieSquid
11-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey, if anybody wants a copy of mine (2:35 AM), PM me. We made up DVDs with amarays and everything, nearly 40 minutes of extra features. I've got about 10 or 15 left and they're free!

http://www.zombiesquid.com/images/235dvd

arielman
11-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Just a thought . Anyone who didn't make it , would they be interested in swapping a DVD for a DVD. Just a plain(Quality) DVD . There is some that didn't make that I would like to see again !
Ian

hienben
11-11-2005, 06:59 AM
Got my T-shirt in the post today. Thanks to Jarred, Barry and all the guys who made it all possible. BTW I'm into a bootleg DVD as mine didn't make the final cut.

Merchants of Dreams
11-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Okay, if somebody in england has his already, that means apparently I'm not getting one. :angry:

Jarred Land
11-19-2005, 11:47 AM
ha ha dont worry dude.. its coming. From Canada, England shirts where shipped via Air (obviously) and shirts to the US where ground, so it works out to be about the same.

Rob333
11-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Still waiting for mine:(

Peter Murphy
11-20-2005, 10:21 PM
I got my t-shirt, it looks great. . . on my fat uncle. No but seriously, thanks for the shirt you guys really did a great job making this contest fun. I'm about to put in an order for one of those dvd's.

Jack Daniel Stanley
11-20-2005, 10:24 PM
I got my t-shirt, it looks great. . . on my fat uncle. No but seriously, thanks for the shirt you guys really did a great job making this contest fun. I'm about to put in an order for one of those dvd's.
yours looks great on the DVD BTW, the CC really holds up and it's super clean (no video noise) :thumbup: (not to mention having the best art direction, IMHO, but I already knew that.)

Peter Murphy
11-20-2005, 10:40 PM
yours looks great on the DVD BTW, the CC really holds up and it's super clean (no video noise) :thumbup: (not to mention having the best art direction, IMHO, but I already knew that.)

Thanks man, your thoughts mean a lot to me. I can't wait to get my dvd to watch everyones without the compression. I am really looking forward to your behind the scenes info, I'm sure there will be some pretty sweet stuff. I was going to make a behind the scenes for mine, but I only had mpeg footage from a little digital still camera. I don't think it would have been very educational anyways.

Ralph Oshiro
11-29-2005, 12:31 AM
WOW! I just got my T-shirt--it's AWESOME! Thanks Jarred!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob333
11-29-2005, 04:59 AM
Still waiting on mine:(
Did I miss something?:huh:

Merchants of Dreams
12-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I haven't got mine. BOOO!!!!