PDA

View Full Version : How can I play with and view HDR footage right now?

filmguy123
04-25-2018, 10:33 AM
I have this monitor:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F6D1ITM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It says it supports Rec. 2020 and so I assume by extension it can support HDR (I remember reading there was some Rec 2020 doesn't equal HDR, but HDR = Rec. 2020 type of thing...). But from what I can see, this supports it.

I have latest 2018 Premiere Pro CC and GH5 and GH5s with latest updates and vlog, etc. as well as v90 SD cards.

I am guessing I need to set specific monitor modes and Premiere modes, and that I can't just drop in the footage and go?

I am eager to see how much better HDR displayed footage looks, and the difference of viewing HDR footage from the camera.

spgreen65
04-25-2018, 10:46 AM
There is some good discussion on HDR in the Leeming LUT thread here on DVX. You will need to do some tweaks in your project in Premier to make sure it is using the correct color space, but for the most part you can shoot and go. Especially if you use Paul's setting's and LUT. I have shot it a few times using my GH5 and tested on my Samsung TV, looks pretty good.