PDA

View Full Version : Law and Order Germany

Vultch
09-15-2017, 06:39 AM
I can't really give too much information away as the case may still be pending but I have been told a young guy with his drone was getting some aerial pics of his friend's house, in the process, his images also captured neighbours home and garden and the police were called.
The police forced the drone operator to delete any images that showed neighbouring houses.

I don't know if the neighbour and the drone operator had spoken but it has resulted in a €1000 fine so far, there may be additional action taken by the neighbour.

All for a few pictures of a house.

Publimix
09-15-2017, 06:43 AM
And flying in a residential area?
You will find out that Germany has strict rules (In the Netherlands we have them too).

For the non-german speakers:
max height 300 ft
no flying above housing
no flying in nature parks
no flying near airports
keep distance from people
hospitals
power plants
police and military area

etc.
In German:

Die maximale Flughöhe für Drohnen ist durch die neue Drohnen-Verordnung generell auf 100 Meter über Grund begrenzt.
das Fliegen außerhalb der Sichtweite
Fliegen über Wohngrundstücken
Fliegen über Naturschutzgebieten
Fliegen innerhalb eines Radius von 1,5 km zu Flugplätzen
Fliegen in Kontrollzonen, wenn man eine Höhe von 50 Metern überschreitet
Fliegen mit einer Drohne über 5kg Startgewicht ohne eine spezielle Ausnahmegenehmigung (siehe Ausnahmen unten)
Mindestens 100 Meter Sicherheitsabstand muß eingehalten werden zu:

Menschenansammlungen
Bundesfernstraßen, Bundeswasserstraßen und Bahnanlagen
Krankenhäuser
Unglücksorten, Katastrophengebieten und anderen Einsatzorten von Behörden und Organisationen mit Sicherheitsaufgaben
militärischen Anlagen und Organisationen sowie mobile Einrichtungen und Truppen der Bundeswehr im Rahmen angemeldeter Manöver und Übungen
Industrieanlagen
Justizvollzugsanstalten, Einrichtungen des Maßregelvollzugs
militärischen Anlagen und Organisationen
Anlagen der Energieerzeugung und – verteilung

Liam Hall
09-15-2017, 08:32 AM
In the UK, we have this little thing called the Data Protection Act which would means if the people in the video are recognisable and you don't have their permission then the footage needs to be destroyed. Certainly, you'd never be able to use it in any professional production. I think the data rules apply across the EU too, however the case you are talking about sounds like a Peeping Tom.

jagraphics
11-05-2018, 05:03 AM
In the UK, we have this little thing called the Data Protection Act which would means if the people in the video are recognisable and you don't have their permission then the footage needs to be destroyed. Certainly, you'd never be able to use it in any professional production. I think the data rules apply across the EU too, however the case you are talking about sounds like a Peeping Tom.

Actually in the UK the Data Protection act is not particularly relevant compared to the CAA rules on flying Drones.

There are maximum heights & distances you can operate at currently (November 2018) less than 120 m) also you have to be more than 50m from a individual building and more than 150m from a built up area.
You can't over fly a built up area, or a crowd or roads etc. Only on area you have permission to fly. Assuming none of it is in a restricted airspace (ie a 1 Km of an airfield).

So the drone above would appear to be breaking most of those rules (if it were inthe UK) never mid the Data Protection act (which can get wooly).