PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried to attach a different camera to a DJI Mavik drone?

analogs
04-09-2017, 04:45 AM
I am concerned about the video quality of it so I am considering the following.

Has anyone tried to attach a different camera on the Mavic or attached a gopro to it.

Are these drones capable of carrying things or will adding weight to it shift it's inner workings and make it difficult to fly.

Thank you.

J Michael
04-09-2017, 06:50 AM
Increasing the weight increases rpm required for flight, possibly leaving little control for emergencies, may affect the cg, and will decrease flying time. So really depends on the amount of extra weight.

Finnegan
04-28-2017, 12:57 AM
I wouldn't try it with the Mavic Pro. It's a very small body, and it's likely designed specifically for the camera/gimbal combination that's already on there.

If you're interested in swapping out cameras/lenses I think you're probably safer going with one of the higher end models, like an Inspire 2. That said, I had initial concerns about the quality of the footage coming out of the Mavic Pro before I bought one. Then I flew it, shot some footage, took a look at it in the computer and was totally blown away. Footage is sharp at 4K, the color reproduction is good, and overall I'm pretty amazed at what it's capable of considering what a small and (relatively) cheap piece of tech it is.