PDA

View Full Version : Viet Nam Documentary production

namvetpete
10-05-2005, 02:42 PM
I have some Super 8 color film and 35MM Slides and B&W Stills that may be of use in creating a Documentary Video. I am looking for a Producer / Directory who has a passion to create This project.
Most of the film needs some restoration.
If there is an independent film maker who has a passion for creating a Viet Nam Video we should talk.

Pete

GenJerDan
10-05-2005, 04:08 PM
See if you can contact Ivan Stang at http://www.subgenius.com/ . Don't know if he'd be interested, but he's worked on a VN doc in the past (The Cu Chi Tunnels). He wasn't the Producer (Mickey Grant was), but maybe he'd put you in contact with someone, if he's not interested.

What the heck, he's over in Ohio...practically a walk for you, right?

David G. Smith
10-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Before you do anything technical with the film, check out this resource.

http://www.littlefilm.org/

and

http://www.littlefilm.com/

Good luck finding a producer. Take care of the film, it is a valuable historical resources.

hinsonfilms
10-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Pete, how are you doing? I would love to help you out. I'm an independent Documentary Director/Producer. I just finished production on my WWII Documentary on the Bataan Death March and how the Japanese treated Filipino/American POWs during WWII.

I love history and I love filmmaking. It seems like you have some good footage on hand that would make an amazing film. If you want to talk please email me at: hinson91@hotmail.com. I hope to hear from you!

Take Care,

Chris

Tim Miller
10-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Pete,
If you need any help and you are going to around there area let me know, we are too far away from each other.

latenitemike
10-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Pete, Am not a documentary filmmaker, but would be interested in your footage, I'm writing a sci-fi screenplay right now, it's about an older Vietnam vet trying to traverse time to save his son who has recently been killed in Iraq, my son recently got back from his 1 year tour in Iraq and it was a fucked up year for me and our family so I'm writing it from a grieving fathers point of view, some real footage for flashbacks would be cool, I'm an independent guerilla so payment (if any) would be on the back end, just a thought, Mike (latenitemike)

namvetpete
11-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks to those that responded to my post about Viet Nam films.

As November 11 draws near, I think about what it might mean to other vets who could some day see this film.

failing to get someone to fund the restoration it will continue to deteriorate.

and maybe that is just as well, for the images will always be in my mind.

J.R. Hudson
11-04-2005, 12:22 PM
So you came here for funding or for finding a filmmaker to help make sense of the footage?

MattC
11-04-2005, 12:38 PM
I think he needs a combination of both. Having dealt with historical footage/documents I understand the problem. It is literally deteriorating every day. So anyone who takes on this project will have to restore the film, not a cheap process. It's good that he mentions this up front so that any prospective producer/filmaker will know going in that there will be a substantial up-front cost to the project, unless of course they can do the restoration work themselves.

Matt

J.R. Hudson
11-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Got it

Thanks for clearing that up Matt!

J.R. Hudson
11-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Pete

Can you describe in more detail what were working with here?

Years? Who took the imagery? Where was it?