PDA

View Full Version : Color is not correct

Robert Bale Eventshd
11-04-2016, 07:24 AM
Hi all, so I was at a job the outer week, and noticed a pretty colour difference, the main problem is in the Orange, no matter what profile I changed to.
We are using 2 DVX-x200, SDI OUT into a video switcher, In the image attachment you will see a photo of the computer screen I was switching from, the graphic on the right was coming from a laptop feed, and it look fine And it was sent to a 4K project, looks the same as the original out on the auditorium , but if you look At my photo you see that the wide shot look wrong,, ?

JRJphoto
11-04-2016, 07:30 AM
Color temperature difference between the auditorium house lights and the projector?

I bet if you WB for daylight, the projected image would look fine, but then the auditorium would look wrong.

Larry Chapman
11-04-2016, 09:29 AM
Color temperature difference between the auditorium house lights and the projector?

I bet if you WB for daylight, the projected image would look fine, but then the auditorium would look wrong.

Yep. I always warn clients who want live video of "presenter and screen" that I can only make one or the other color correct.

That said, if the camera is fixed, you could layer the video, cut out the screen, and color correct each layer differently.

Robert Bale Eventshd
11-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the reply, I have to agree but not agree, because I tested it on my trusty Sony x70 camera and it was a almost perfect match, I still say there is something going on with the color on these x-200, because I was shooting a wedding a few moths back and the backdrop behind the bride was a orange color yet in camera it looked nothing light what I was looking at, yet the GH4 was very close match to what Iwas seeing.

Larry Chapman
11-05-2016, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the reply, I have to agree but not agree, because I tested it on my trusty Sony x70 camera and it was a almost perfect match, I still say there is something going on with the color on these x-200, because I was shooting a wedding a few moths back and the backdrop behind the bride was a orange color yet in camera it looked nothing light what I was looking at, yet the GH4 was very close match to what Iwas seeing.

In *identical* situations one camera had correct color for the presenter and the screen and one didn't?

Manual or automatic color balance?