PDA

View Full Version : What shipping case do you recommend for the DVX200?

twalp
10-14-2016, 08:59 AM
I ordered the "Panasonic Custom Hard Case for AG-DVX200 Camera" (p/n "DVX-CASE") from B&H but it turned out to be a generic case where the foam is not cut specifically for the DVX200. I could hog out some of the foam and make it work, but the result will probably look pretty rough. Panasonic says the correct p/n is "DVX200-CASE". More expensive. Figures.

What cases are folks in this forum using? I prefer a hard case to a soft one in the event it must be shipped.

Vardalos
10-14-2016, 02:04 PM
It's a lot of work but I modified one of these for shoots that require air travel. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/425613-REG/Porta_Brace_PB_2750F_PB_2750F_Safeguard_Field_Prod uction.html

JRJphoto
10-17-2016, 09:56 AM
OP: those seem like the exact same case. Those custom-engraved foam inserts are nice when the silhouette of your gear never changes...but in this imperfect world...

Anyway, I am a firm believer in Pelican cases. But, why not use the foam inserts that came in the box? In fact, use the box and it's foam inserts to ship the camera when you need to. Otherwise, a sturdy Porta-brace or Sachtler bag is fine. Or a big Pelican with the velcro inserts. If you want more protection, simply wrap the camera in a towel or furni pads and then pack that in the case or bag for shipping. That PB case Vardalos linked to doesn't seem bad at all. I don't care for pick-and-pluck foam because it'll break off and bits of foam will get onto and into the equipment eventually. I wonder how big they make chamois cloths...