PDA

View Full Version : Slider with the DVX200

greytail
08-26-2016, 08:55 PM
How many of you are using a slider with your DVx200? Do you have any trouble with its weight at the extreme ends of slider travel? Does it auto focus well as you slide it forward or backward. Looking for some good tips for use beyond just the regular moves :) I just got a little Edelkrone Slider One.

7DDude
08-28-2016, 06:53 PM
I don't use a slider, I use a bigger Dolly, Like this one, http://www.moveyourcamera.com/blackfriday.html I think this is the best device for the buck! I use a white venial fence post, that you can get at any Home Depot or Lowe's or Ace hardware store, and they are cheap. I have one for local shoots and if i'm traveling by air, I just pick one up locally and leave it when I'm done. Both the Fence Post and the Dolly will easily handle the weight of the DVX-200 and even ext. Monitor/Recorder, mics. I think that if your going to use a typical slider that you use 2 tripods or light stands to support it rather than just one tripod. Anyhow some food for thought.

I forgot to mention that you can flip the Mounting plate to the other side and, Providing that you have a nice flat smooth surface, can use the dolly with out any type of rail, pretty flexible.

slidemaster
09-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Going with 7Dddude I totally agree. I have used my rig which is using schedule 40 pvc for about a year. I use a HPX170 with it which is about 1lb lighter. Thing is really nice, and inexpensive.

jpvid
09-01-2016, 05:39 PM
I have been using the Matthews DC Slider for years and it has been fantastic, however it is expensive. It is a multi purpose tool, you can slide, boom and do jib arm moves with it and it converts from a slider to jib arm in seconds. I was fortunate to have a very big shoot that I was able to pay for the unit right from the start. I also purchased the motion control unit for it to make it the complete package. You don't have to worry about having a heavy camera, the system has a counter balancing weight system that goes in the opposite direction of the camera so weight is always distributed evenly.

mellodeque
09-02-2016, 11:52 AM
We're using Foton CameLeon (Kameleon) Sliders 64cm and 130cm - works great - we use it manually without motors.... http://foton.kalisz.pl/pl/sklep/p/6442/kameleon-94-cm-profesjonalny-slider.html it works smooth with Head and DVX200

Panatastic
09-09-2016, 01:54 PM
Going with 7Dddude I totally agree. I have used my rig which is using schedule 40 pvc for about a year. I use a HPX170 with it which is about 1lb lighter. Thing is really nice, and inexpensive.
sounds awesome. could you please provide a picture of your setup?