PDA

View Full Version : Color Shifting

7DDude
07-22-2016, 06:37 AM
Has anyone run into this before? This is the second time I have seen this from my DVX200, I'm shooting full manual, Scene-5 Default, No Changes, No Color grading and rendered out as shot.
Look at the bottom of the sky, about 5 seconds in, it shifts from a greenish-turquoise, to blue like it's suppose to be. It was originally shot as UHD, 59.94

If you read this Barry Greene, could you shed some light on this?

https://vimeo.com/175832596

mapper65
07-22-2016, 06:47 AM
Has anyone run into this before? This is the second time I have seen this from my DVX200, I'm shooting full manual, Scene-5 Default, No Changes, No Color grading and rendered out as shot.
Look at the bottom of the sky, about 5 seconds in, it shifts from a greenish-turquoise, to blue like it's suppose to be. It was originally shot as UHD, 59.94

If you read this Barry, could you shed some light on this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x13kncee8lowktz/SkyColorTest.mp4?dl=0

I know you said you are in full manual but I've seen exactly what you are describing when auto white balance is enabled. It starts to shift the colors even if nothing has changed in the scene. The other day I shot something run n gun and this happened to me. Luckily that footage didn't need to be in the final edit.

ProfessorU
07-22-2016, 09:06 AM
It definitely looks like either auto WB or auto exposure. On the Canon DLSR cameras there was an issue with Auto Lighting Optimizer in manual mode. Maybe there's something similar?

Barry_Green
07-22-2016, 11:27 AM
Or possibly auto knee?

7DDude
07-22-2016, 12:29 PM
Barry, I checked my Scene 5 Knee Mode and it was on Auto. Should that be on " Off " or Manual? I have little to know experience with the scene files.

The other question I have is, this should be fixed Yes, No? To me part of the advantage of having a Run-N-Gun camera is using auto features sometimes. I can see how possibly auto exposure might do this, but, to me, AWB should balance the colors and stay that way, not shift?

Barry_Green
07-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Auto knee can cause this exact effect, so try it again with the knee set manually and see if it works better.

7DDude
07-22-2016, 01:03 PM
Or possibly auto knee?

well I won't be able to re-shoot it to compare, Hopefully setting it to manual will work. Are there adjustments to the manual setting? Thank you for responding, This is a great forum, for DVX owners, It has been very helpful.:thumbsup: