PDA

View Full Version : malaysia

smithgallTV
09-30-2005, 08:22 AM
i may be going go malaysia to shoot a video on november. I am not sure how long the shoot will last but i need to prepare a few things now. If anyone has ben recently iam looking for any comments or suggestions youmay have about what to be aware fo regarding video production. I am bringin my gear. i haventy checked on power yet so i am not sure if i need tobuy a converter or not. I will probably bring all the tapes i need so i dont need to buy anything there. do i need a work visa?

any help is appreciated

hinsonfilms
10-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey, how's it going. I just got back from filming a Documentary in the Philippines. You won't have to buy a converter. The DVX's power supply can handle 100-240 volts, so just plug it into the wall and you'll be fine. You won't need a work visa either, just don't tell them what your doing. Even if you need permits you still won't need one. What gear are you bringing? If it's a lot then you might have to get some paperwork to bring it into the country. I didn't get any paperwork becuase the gear i brought was limited. I hand carried the DVX then checked in my light kit. Customs shouldn't bother you though. I would suggest having an experienced producer that has worked in the country before. If you need one let me know, my producer works all over southeast asia a lot on commercials and documentaries. She's based in Manila but does a lot of her work in Malaysia.

If you need help let me know! I'd like to hear more about your project.