PDA

View Full Version : Been 4 year ago since i post on this forum now i am getting dvx 200

dhardjono
06-30-2016, 01:35 PM
Long time not been at this post since ac 160 came out now i am back because i just bought the dvx 200 i been using mostly 5d3 canon dslr and when i get tired i use ac 160 . so glade barry doing the tutorial on panasonic website. My question is what a good setting for wedding i like to shoot on 4 k but i stay 1080 for now . I am confuse about the fast scan and regular mode in the recording setup. Can any one help with a set up for weddings getting it tomorow morning the camera.

MichaelA
06-30-2016, 03:13 PM
Oh man, it takes a bit of time and messing with the scene files to really come up with a baked in "look" that you like. If you have to shoot tomorrow..... ummmm.. maybe your best bet would be in 4K full auto. It will actually come out pretty good all things considered, especially with the latest firmware updates. Otherwise it may be a long night sorting out scene files hoping you get the look you want. Hopefully someone that has logged more time on these can chime in with a scene file recommendation if you want to go with manual settings, but I'd be a bit nervous without first having shot some test scenes.

dhardjono
06-30-2016, 05:58 PM
thanks Michael well i know Barry green scene files cause i had 160 and today was last day that i can get free battery and charger. i do like to use manual i maybe keep it on 1 standard i will have second camera man will be getting shots so if i mess up i go to his video. it just that fast scan i am confuse about use that for wedding or the other one?

MichaelA
07-01-2016, 04:15 AM
I don't think the fast scan improves the image, in fact it crops it slightly and since it is using a smaller part of the sensor rather then the full sensor the image quality may be slightly degraded. I have only briefly messed with it and I THINK it reduces the overall scanning area of the sensor in an attempt to reduce rolling shutter effect. I haven't come across a situation when I actually need it yet, but I would think that if lighting was sufficient the rolling shutter could be first addressed via a faster shutter speed. If that indeed is the case, it may not have a benefit for doing wedding shoots, but could be useful for fast action or sports perhaps shot indoors.

Barry_Green
07-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Faster shutter speed has zero effect on rolling shutter.

The "fast scan" mode is to reduce the rolling shutter effect, if you find your images displaying "wobble" or skew, then you might be better off with the "fast scan" mode. Normal mode gives you a wider field of view and slightly sharper images, "fast scan" is a narrower field of view and substantially reduced rolling shutter. I'd probably say "normal" is perfect for tripod shots, interviews, stuff like that, whereas "fast scan" might be ideal for sports. Either mode could be used for both, but that's likely where I'd say each mode's strength is.

MichaelA
07-02-2016, 04:43 AM
Thanks Barry, I learned something new!! :dankk2:

NorBro
07-02-2016, 12:34 PM
In my opinion, I think faster shutter speeds do have an effect on rolling shutter. It's not a case of whether it makes it better or worse, but more of how shutter speed can alter the viewer's perception of an image because of how it affects movement and motion blur.

Barry_Green
07-02-2016, 03:54 PM
My point is that the exact same skew will exist, regardless of shutter speed. If you think blur masks it, well, okay, sure, but it's still there in the same ratio.

dhardjono
07-05-2016, 09:28 AM
thanks for all post and grest1 advise. i just did 4 weddings so i got my camera friday and starty shooting 1080 60p for 2 of the weddings and 30p 1 wedding last yesterday i did ultra 4k 30p . no problem till last one yesterday i was trying some slow motion in the groom room than jump back to 4k and all the 4k files is orange only audio no video. not sure what went wrong i play back at the park and i did not see the 4k from grooms room. so today i download both card and just get the orange screen with audio any one have this problem ?. i did get 3 clip in here is the screen grab from 2 cards .115043115044

dhardjono
07-05-2016, 09:50 AM
update i put the card on diferent pc and there they are so i am happy. any way my thought on this camera that is well build and i got use to all the menus and togle swicth close to my ag 160 but way way better . love the touch screen and that you can swicth the kelvin,gain,shutter,ect while recording. i wish low light was a bit better but it not a problem . happy camper her. i need to download scene file from barry green.