PDA

View Full Version : New Commercial Piloting Rules - Section 333 Exemption no Longer Needed

egproductions
06-22-2016, 05:34 AM
Read it here:

http://www.faa.gov/uas/media/Part_107_Summary.pdf

Bassman2003
06-22-2016, 05:54 AM
It has taken a while but it looks like drones are official in the business world now. Glad that the gray area has been taken away.

egproductions
06-22-2016, 06:14 AM
Yes, rules takes effect in late August.

firehawk
06-22-2016, 09:29 AM
A person operating a small UAS must either
hold a remotepilot airman certificate with a small UAS rating
or be underthe direct supervision of a person who does hold a remotepilot certificate (remote pilot in command).

- To qualify for a remote pilot certificate, a person must:
- Demonstrate aeronautical knowledge by either:
- Passing an initial aeronautical knowledge test atan FAA-approved knowledge testing center; or
- Hold a part 61 pilot certificate other than studentpilot, complete a flight review within the previous24 months, and complete a small UAS onlinetraining course provided by the FAA.
- Be vetted by the Transportation Security Administration

So if you have a Phantom type aircraft, how and where do you go about getting this done?

Greg_E
06-22-2016, 10:25 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a link to the study guide from the FAA. I know we have a few pilot schools near me, thinking that taking the written test should be easy enough that I might as well get one. Don't own a remotely piloted vehicle of this sort, but figure it can't hurt unless the testing fee is outrageous.

Bern Caughey
06-22-2016, 11:52 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/hollywood-applauds-faas-new-regulation-905022

lovecameras
06-24-2016, 01:24 AM
they should be banned. pointless and dangerous

Agafilm
07-04-2016, 10:56 AM
For now, read the 107 material. They haven't published the test or what's in it quite yet, from what I've seen. FBOs may not offer this test; read the materials to see where it may or may not be offered. And wait. Hopefully we'll get more info soon.