PDA

View Full Version : Remove recording indicator

greytail
06-03-2016, 10:35 AM
In cases where one is operating the camera remotely, I have found that it is hard to tell when you are in recording mode. I had my camera mounted on a 12-foot Kessler crane and had to keep walking around to the front to check to see if the red light was on! I have a monitor connected to the HDMI port, but of course, the camera doesn't send out any function info to the display. Anyone got a work around for this situation?

BTW, I have found that pushing the Iris button into auto mode works pretty well for remote operation and keeps you from overexposing.

Brad Forman
06-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Does your monitor have different input options? I noticed that on some monitors, changing the aspect ratio reveals the menu.

Brad Forman
06-09-2016, 11:27 PM
I forgot to mention in my original post, you may also want to see if Video Out OSD (on screen display) is turned on.

Barry_Green
06-10-2016, 09:35 AM
There's a rear tally lamp (REC LAMP), make sure you have that turned on. It'll light up red on a spot on the back of where the LCD panel slides into the body.

Video Out OSD will send the data to your monitor, but it doesn't work in 4K/UHD, it's only applicable when recording HD.

Larry Chapman
06-10-2016, 01:24 PM
You can also watch the SD card access lights.