PDA

View Full Version : Negative gain/ISO???

MichaelA
05-09-2016, 06:53 AM
Hi all! New guy here - a few years shooting vid on various projects mostly using DSLR's (5d3's, etc.). Just got my hands on a DVX200 - getting it sorted out and I'm sure I'll have a few questions. Been using Barry's book and the OE manuals as a reference, as well as searches, but I'm coming up sort on this one...

In the most recent firmware update, 1.65, which I have installed on "day one" with the camera, the release notes indicate that a negative gain/ISO feature was there dropping the ISO to around 100 from the previous 500. However, with 1.65 installed, I can't find this feature! Even trying to set gain/ISO fully manually I can't get it set to below 500! Did this feature not make it into this version? Is there some other setting "set" I need to be in to access it?

Sonntagskind
05-09-2016, 07:13 AM
Hi all! New guy here - a few years shooting vid on various projects mostly using DSLR's (5d3's, etc.). Just got my hands on a DVX200 - getting it sorted out and I'm sure I'll have a few questions. Been using Barry's book and the OE manuals as a reference, as well as searches, but I'm coming up sort on this one...

In the most recent firmware update, 1.65, which I have installed on "day one" with the camera, the release notes indicate that a negative gain/ISO feature was there dropping the ISO to around 100 from the previous 500. However, with 1.65 installed, I can't find this feature! Even trying to set gain/ISO fully manually I can't get it set to below 500! Did this feature not make it into this version? Is there some other setting "set" I need to be in to access it?

There ist one button in the menu to enable the extra ISO Settings. I dont have the camera near me, but i will look!

MichaelA
05-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Thanks! I swear I've gone through the menus looking and just can't find it! I was getting concerned that perhaps the firmware update didn't go in "Clean" and even reloaded it but still cant find it!

Sonntagskind
05-09-2016, 07:21 AM
O Man, it is hidden deep in the menu... But as said, i must look by my self in the evening. Be Patient :-)

billg
05-09-2016, 07:23 AM
System Mode>Extended Sensitivity>On

Allen McL
05-09-2016, 10:54 AM
System Mode>Extended Sensitivity>On

Yep, that's the method to enable it, then you just dial in the amount of negative gain you need (up to -6db). I too had the same problem trying to find it until Barry put me right.

MichaelA
05-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Way cool! Thanks guys! Found it, set it, will go out and mess with it in the field now!