PDA

View Full Version : new GH4 "Still Like" scene

jpvid
05-08-2016, 11:43 AM
I finally was able to install the new 1.65 firmware this weekend - love the ability to shoot to -6db. I thought I remember reading somewhere about new GH4 "Still Like" scene4 and how its a pretty good scene file to replace the one thats there now, but I can't seem to find the thread. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could possible point me to where I can download it and maybe give me the basic instructions to install just that one scene. Thanks

-John

mapper65
05-08-2016, 01:31 PM
I finally was able to install the new 1.65 firmware this weekend - love the ability to shoot to -6db. I thought I remember reading somewhere about new GH4 "Still Like" scene4 and how its a pretty good scene file to replace the one thats there now, but I can't seem to find the thread. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could possible point me to where I can download it and maybe give me the basic instructions to install just that one scene. Thanks

-John
Hi John, please see my post in this thread on scene files and installing them:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?346556-Newbie-I-really-need-some-help-installing-scene-files&

Here is a link to the GH4 scene file:

http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/products/ag-dvx200/custom_scene.html

jpvid
05-08-2016, 04:33 PM
I went to the link of the GH4 still like scene file, downloaded it and I am a little confused, when I navigate thru the folders down to the P2SD folder all that is in it is SCENE1.TXT. I thought SCENE1.TXT thru SCENE6.TXT were suppose to be in that folder and I was only going to load SCENE4 (still like) from there to replace the old SCENE4 that I have now. Am I missing something?

mapper65
05-08-2016, 06:00 PM
I went to the link of the GH4 still like scene file, downloaded it and I am a little confused, when I navigate thru the folders down to the P2SD folder all that is in it is SCENE1.TXT. I thought SCENE1.TXT thru SCENE6.TXT were suppose to be in that folder and I was only going to load SCENE4 (still like) from there to replace the old SCENE4 that I have now. Am I missing something?

It's my guess that you backed up your existing scenes files and you selected position 1. That will create scene1.txt on the SD card. It will not create any additional scene(x).txt files on the card so you'll only see scene1.txt.

What I would do now is copy and paste scene4.txt onto your SD card in the proper folder. Once you do that and put the card back into your camera you can now load just the SCN4 from the scene4.txt file. I don't have my camera in front of me so you may have to refer to the link that I listed earlier on how to bring in that scene. It will be something like SCENE, SCENE, LOAD, select the 4th scene file, you will only have the choice of scene file 1 or scene file 4. Select the 4th scene file and select scene 4 from that file. It will load the GH4 scene into SCN4 in the camera. If you select ALL it's going to overwrite all 6 scenes in the camera and you may not want to do that so just select scene file 4 and scene 4 from that file and you'll be all set.

jpvid
05-08-2016, 06:07 PM
I haven't done anything with my camera yet (backed up etc...) I'm saying the link only has SCENE1.TXT, there are no other SCENES. If you can, can you check the link and see if what I'm seeing is the same as what you see there?
there

mapper65
05-08-2016, 06:18 PM
I haven't done anything with my camera yet (backed up etc...) I'm saying the link only has SCENE1.TXT, there are no other SCENES. If you can, can you check the link and see if what I'm seeing is the same as what you see there?
there

Ok, now I'm on the same page as you. What you want to do is rename that file scene4.txt. You can really rename it scene(x).txt with x being 2 thru 8.

If you haven't backed up the 6 scenes in your camera you'll want to do that before trying to copy scene4.txt to your SD card.

Follow my instructions on this thread:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?346556-Newbie-I-really-need-some-help-installing-scene-files&

Starting with: "I recommend backing them up as scene1.txt."

Down near the bottom replace my verbiage where I mention scene7.txt and SCNFILE7 with scene4.txt and SCNFILE4

jpvid
05-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Got it all good. Thanks so much for your help. Will be shooting a commercial with the camera on Tuesday outside, looking forward to the new setup. Thanks again.