PDA

View Full Version : Updating Firmware and Scene file

jpvid
05-02-2016, 06:04 PM
I've been so busy using this camera and then editing at night, I have not had the time to update the firmware. I am currently using firmware 1.4 and I see now that I missed 1.5 and now 1.6. I see that 1.5 had a new scene file to replace scene4. If I update to Firmware 1.6 will I need to install that new scene4 separately or will it be installed automatically. If there are many steps involved, any help or walkthrough would be appreciated. Thanks

-John

mapper65
05-02-2016, 06:35 PM
I've been so busy using this camera and then editing at night, I have not had the time to update the firmware. I am currently using firmware 1.4 and I see now that I missed 1.5 and now 1.6. I see that 1.5 had a new scene file to replace scene4. If I update to Firmware 1.6 will I need to install that new scene4 separately or will it be installed automatically. If there are many steps involved, any help or walkthrough would be appreciated. Thanks

-John

No scenes are altered, changed or added during a firmware update so you'll have to add he GH4 scene separately. See my post in this forum for more information on scene files. http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?346556-Newbie-I-really-need-some-help-installing-scene-files

Here is is a link to the 1.65 firmware. There is a link on this page with the installation instructions.

http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/upgdvx200_e.htm

jpvid
05-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Thats right I think I remember now. After installing the new firmware I can install the scene files - Load ALL or Load an individual Scene, which I only need to load that new scene4, right?

mapper65
05-03-2016, 03:29 AM
Thats right I think I remember now. After installing the new firmware I can install the scene files - Load ALL or Load an individual Scene, which I only need to load that new scene4, right?
That is correct, the new GH4 "Still Like" scene will load into position SCN4.

jpvid
05-03-2016, 05:49 AM
Perfect Thanks

Allen McL
05-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Guys, I've loaded v1.65 successfully but cannot get my low gain setting via SW SETUP to go any lower than 0db. I'm probably doing something wrong, any help appreciated...

Barry_Green
05-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Guys, I've loaded v1.65 successfully but cannot get my low gain setting via SW SETUP to go any lower than 0db. I'm probably doing something wrong, any help appreciated...

There's a new setting in the SYSTEM MODE menu called something like "extended sensitivity " that you have to set to "on" in order to enable negative gain.

Allen McL
05-05-2016, 09:36 AM
That's done it Barry, you are a genius and I owe you a Guinness ! :dankk2::beer: