PDA

View Full Version : Newbie. I really need some help installing scene files.

makeall6
04-25-2016, 02:08 PM
Thanks in advance. This is a fantastic resource. I have had the camera for a few months and am very pleased. But, I am having trouble understanding the concept of loading additional scene files. I downloaded the new ones from Panny and one from Barry. Now what? I plead ignorance. Do they overite my current scene files? Do I just keep them on the card? What files do I extract from the download? As you can see, I am lost. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Currently I have two folders on my desk and have no idea what to do with them.

Cheers.
Tom

xnofriendsx
04-25-2016, 03:21 PM
Thanks in advance. This is a fantastic resource. I have had the camera for a few months and am very pleased. But, I am having trouble understanding the concept of loading additional scene files. I downloaded the new ones from Panny and one from Barry. Now what? I plead ignorance. Do they overite my current scene files? Do I just keep them on the card? What files do I extract from the download? As you can see, I am lost. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Currently I have two folders on my desk and have no idea what to do with them.

Cheers.
Tom

Place the SCENE1.TXT, SCENE2.TXT, SCENT3.TXT, SCENE4.TXT files into this path on your formatted SD Card.
private>MEIGROUP>PAVCN>SBG>P2SD

So all you TXT files go into the P2SD folder. Then load the SD Card normally.
Then in your DVX200, select Menu>Scene File>Scene File>Load
Then select the TXT file you like.
I like SCENE4.TXT, then ALL.
I then choose a Customized Scene (Scene 4./SCN4).
While in VLOG, the scenes don't work.
I hope that helps. And if i correctly explained that. haha.

mapper65
04-25-2016, 04:08 PM

Cheers.
Tom

Ok, here is what to remember. The camera itself can only ever have 6 scenes at a time in the actual camera memory. On the display you can select them as SCN1 SCN2 SCN3 SCN4 SCN5 SCN6. Now as far as what you can store on the SD card, I'll go into that in a minute.

There are scene files that you can download. They will typically be titled scene1.txt, scene2.txt etc. Inside of that text file are 6 SCN files that you can either import all at once which will overwrite the factory scene files in the camera's memory or you can import just one SCN. In order to import any or all of the 6 scenes in a scenex.txt file you need to put your SD card into your computer and drill down through the folders and copy the scenex.txt file into the proper folder. If you have not done so in order to create the proper file structure on your SD card you'll want to backup the factory scenes in the camera. I recommend backing them up as scene1.txt. In order to do that goto MENU, SCENE FILE, SAVE and the select SCNFILE1. What this will do is backup all of the six factory scene files (if you haven't changed any of them) to the SD card as scene1.txt.

Now that you have done that you can power off your camera and eject the SD card and put it into your computer. The scene file that you just saved will be located at PRIVATE, MEIGROUP, PAVCN, SBG, P2SD. You should see scene1.txt in that folder.

Any scenes that you want to load into the camera need to be placed in that folder. You can store up to 8 scenex.txt files on the SD card which means you can potentially have 48 scenes available to you on your SD card. The drawback to all of this is that in the camera they will always be called SCN1 thru SCN6 and on the card they can only be called scene1.txt thru scene8.txt. And remember each scene1.txt thru scene8.txt will have 6 SCNs in each.

So now that you have all of this and you are ready to bring in someone else's scene, it's up to your to keep track of them which may mean that you have to keep some notes. Oh, one other thing, you can rename any of the scenex.txt files as you would like as far as the scene number goes. So if Joe Smith says here are my 6 custom scenes from my camera and he's posted the file as scene1.txt and you already have a scene1.txt on your SD card, you can put Joe Smith's scene1.txt file on your desktop and rename it scene7.txt and then copy it to the SD card.

Let's just say you did that, you would now have a scene1.txt file on your card and an scene7.txt on your card. When you put the SD card back into your camera you can select MENU, SCENE FILE, SCENE FILE, LOAD and then select SCNFILE7 and then you will have the choice of loading all 6 scenes from scene7.txt or just one of them. The catch is that if you select all of them then it overwrites all 6 of your factory scenes. That's not a big deal because you have them all backed up in scene1.txt. You can restore them any time. The next catch is that if you would want to load just SCN4, it will only go into position SCN4 on your camera. At this time you can't put SCN4 into position SCN3 without going in and messing around with the .txt file prior to loading it into your camera and I don't recommend even attempting that unless you are confident enough to do so. If you don't have a scene6.txt or scene8.txt on your SD card, those two options will be grayed out when you press LOAD and see the options for loading a scene. Don't be worried about this it's simply just keeping you from trying to load something that doesn't exist.

Well, that's about all I have. Hopefully that makes sense. Enjoy!

makeall6
04-26-2016, 06:33 AM
Thanks. That is what I needed.
Cheers.
Tom

makeall6
04-26-2016, 06:34 AM
Like I said earlier, what a great resource. Thanks for all of the info. I just purchased a Zacuto Statical HD. The camera is now near perfect.

Cheers.
Tom