PDA

View Full Version : DVX200 free battery & charger offer for new buyers in USA (through 9/30/16)

Barry_Green
04-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Hey all, apparently there's been a mail-in rebate offer active for a few weeks now on the DVX200. Buy a new DVX200 between April 1 and June 30, and you can send in for a free extended-capacity (4-hour) battery and a high-speed dual-battery charger.

*** EDITED - This offer has been extended through September 30, 2016 ***

This offer should apply to any USA-based buyer from an authorized USA dealer. Panasonic says the battery & charger have a retail value of over $500.

I hadn't heard of this, but I googled and came up with this PDF (http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/sales_o/broch_pdf/ag-vbr118g_89g_59_ag-brd50.pdf)that describes the new batteries and charger.

As for the actual rebate form, you can download that here. (ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/provideo/promo/dvx_battery_claimform_promo.pdf)

The extended battery should be good for about four hours of runtime on a DVX200, an increase of about 50% runtime over the stock battery.

For customers outside the USA, no, this rebate won't apply; this is being offered by Panasonic North America to its customers. Only works for customers with a USA address and buying from a USA authorized dealer. It's possible that other territories might match this offer, but you'd have to check with your local division of Panasonic to find out if they offer it or not.

jpvid
04-23-2016, 06:40 AM
Would be nice if they included those of us who purchased the camera this year. I purchased my camera on Jan 22, missed it by a few months, that stinks. Maybe if I contact Panasonic they might include us.

JRJphoto
04-24-2016, 10:52 PM
Awesome! I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on mine in about a week or so, and TMS is only 5 hours north of me. I'm actually going to see if they have a demo I can play with since I'm driving past Austin for work this week. It'd be nice to hold a DVX200 in my hand and see what it feels like before I commit. This mail-in rebate offer is an over $500 value of new equipment. That's really cool. The camera is maturing nicely, too, with the new firmware updates. I can't wait to get mine and join the conversation!

Simply Cinema
04-25-2016, 06:35 PM
I just emailed my form, invoice, and UPC code in (as well as dropped one in the mail). I guess time will tell....

MichaelA
06-18-2016, 10:00 AM
Got my free battery & charger this AM.
FWIW, took 5 weeks from mailing in my forms & stuff.
Probably a usual turn-around time for programs like this.

Simply Cinema
06-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Yes, also got mine in the mail this morning. Same situation, sent my forms in back in April. However, I was informed by the 3rd party who's fulfilling the orders that they only just received the chargers and batteries late last week. I would guess that if you were to buy a camera between now and the end of June, you'd probably receive it a lot quicker, as we were waiting on the free products to be delivered to the 3rd party fulfiller. A new buyer probably wouldn't have to wait as long.

Anywho, this looks like a nice little charger and a solid battery. Definitely makes the recent buy more rewarding, though I do understand the frustration of early adopters not getting the deal.

JRJphoto
06-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Did anyone email theirs? That's what I did...

Vardalos
06-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Did anyone email theirs? That's what I did...

Yes I emailed everything in on May 24, but haven't received anything yet. In the interim I've purchased 2-IDX SL-VBD96 batteries, their great and last almost all day on a normal shoot.

JRJphoto
06-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Yes I emailed everything in on May 24, but haven't received anything yet. In the interim I've purchased 2-IDX SL-VBD96 batteries, their great and last almost all day on a normal shoot.

I sent mine May 6 and haven't seen or heard anything. In the interim I purchased a second Panasonic VW-VBD58 battery. I've found one battery will get me through most of the day, the second comes in at the end to finish off. I have not needed to worry about batteries at all, when used conservatively. With the extra, larger capacity battery, the two VBD58's will become standbys, and the fast dual-charger will come in very handy.

Simply Cinema
06-20-2016, 02:40 PM
I bought the SWIT batteries as backups when we first bought the camera. Those little guys are great and they have a USB out and DC out.

1411Media
06-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Got my package yesterday. Took about 6 weeks. Sent in forms, never heard anything. AG-BRD50P Dual Charger and AG-VBR89G Battery. Battery is 50% larger in size than the
stock Panasonic Battery. Battery charge is zero so charging now. I also purchased a SWIT S-8D58 battery which got me easily 3hr runtime. With these three batteries, I should easily
get through a full day shoot. Thanks Panasonic, its a good deal and factored into my buying the 200.

JRJphoto
06-22-2016, 09:03 AM
Mine were to be delivered yesterday, but I wasn't home. Picked them up from the FedEx driver this morning. Now charging.

eyebound
06-23-2016, 08:52 AM
Panasonic has made good on their rebate! Yesterday I recieved the dual charger and fat 8850mAH battery. The battery almost fills the battery slot leaving just a bit of room for the even larger 11.8AH battery...thanks Panasonic!

gp

Vardalos
06-23-2016, 12:00 PM
Mine showed up yesterday, I emailed in my info/request on May 25th.

MarcAtVeeam
06-27-2016, 06:28 AM
I bought mine back in late October/early November. It would be nice if Panasonic would allow me to be a part of this campaign.

Jonny Gross
06-27-2016, 12:43 PM
I bought mine back in late October/early November. It would be nice if Panasonic would allow me to be a part of this campaign.

^^
This.

Bob Nilsen
07-06-2016, 03:47 AM
Panasonic has extended the offer to Sept. 30th. I saw it yesterday on the web site.

Barry_Green
07-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Panasonic has extended the offer to Sept. 30th. I saw it yesterday on the web site.

Thanks for posting that. I have now updated the thread title to reflect the new expiration date.