PDA

View Full Version : Where to get scene files? (Pana website missing scene files)

Simply Cinema
04-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Hey everyone,

We recently purchased a DVX200, and upgraded to the 1.51 firmware right away (just saw 1.52 released). I wanted to go ahead and get the 18 scene files that Panasonic had released (albeit for 1.4 or earlier firmware). However, when I download the TXT files from Panasonic website, it says "Scene File Missing" when I open the TXT file. Just a note, scene files for other camera models were fine and included the proper information when I checked them.

So my question, and maybe Barry can provide insight, did Panasonic decide to remove these scene files since they applied to earlier firmware versions? I'm aware of the Natural / 1.4 setting, and I thought that was all I needed to do when I used those older Scene files to ensure the proper settings.

With that said, does anyone have the original TXT files for the 3 scene file packages they offered? Would someone be willing to email me those TXT files at info@simplycinema.org ?

Is there somewhere else that people are putting scene files? I've tried this forum but maybe the camera is just new enough that people haven't shared their scene file settings since dialing them in.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Curtis

mapper65
04-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Hey everyone,

We recently purchased a DVX200, and upgraded to the 1.51 firmware right away (just saw 1.52 released). I wanted to go ahead and get the 18 scene files that Panasonic had released (albeit for 1.4 or earlier firmware). However, when I download the TXT files from Panasonic website, it says "Scene File Missing" when I open the TXT file. Just a note, scene files for other camera models were fine and included the proper information when I checked them

So my question, and maybe Barry can provide insight, did Panasonic decide to remove these scene files since they applied to earlier firmware versions? I'm aware of the Natural / 1.4 setting, and I thought that was all I needed to do when I used those older Scene files to ensure the proper settings.

With that said, does anyone have the original TXT files for the 3 scene file packages they offered? Would someone be willing to email me those TXT files at info@simplycinema.org ?

Is there somewhere else that people are putting scene files? I've tried this forum but maybe the camera is just new enough that people haven't shared their scene file settings since dialing them in.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Curtis

Here is a a zip file with 24 scenes in it. SCENE1.TXT are the six factory scenes. SCENE2-SCENE4.TXT were done by Barry Green and should be used with the 1.4 option turned on. Please see his notes next to each file for what they were designed to emulate.

SCENE1.TXT Factory Scenes

SCENE2.TXT: GH4 emulation scene files
SCN1: Natural
SCN2: Scenery
SCN3: Portrait
SCN4: CINE-D
SCN5: CINE-V
SCN6: Standard

SCENE3.TXT
SCN1: DSLR (an attempt to emulate a typical Canon DSLR's look)
SCN2: PX270 (an attempt to emulate the PX270's default Scene File 1 look)
SCN3: Accurate (a scene file that puts all the vectors in the boxes on a vectorscope)
SCN4: Deep (rich, deep color, deep blacks, and loads of dynamic range)
SCN5: Hot (dusty, dry, hot look, makes your footage look like a spaghetti western)
SCN6: Cold (dark, blue, and frosty-looking)

SCENE4.TXT - These are generally simulations of the existing scene files from the Panasonic website. We had previously done a number of scene files for various cameras; these scene files match the HPX250's version of those scene files.
SCN1: Comedy
SCN2: Drama
SCN3: Hollywood
SCN4: Stylin'
SCN5: Rich
SCN6: People (this actually matches the HPX250/AF100/AC160 etc's "Portrait" scene file, but since the GH4 named its standard scene 3 "portrait", I thought it'd be confusing to name two different scene files "portrait", so I changed this one to "people".

Simply Cinema
04-14-2016, 11:46 AM
Thank you, kind sir!