PDA

View Full Version : Settings to SD Card

Jonny Gross
03-24-2016, 05:00 AM
Hi all,

I want to sync 2 dvx's and was wondering if anyone had found a way to save all settings onto card, not just scene files. I can't find a way to do it or anything about it in the handbooks. I might have missed something.

Is it possible or am I just listing all my settings and sending it to the second cameraman?

mapper65
03-24-2016, 07:38 AM
Hi all,

I want to sync 2 dvx's and was wondering if anyone had found a way to save all settings onto card, not just scene files. I can't find a way to do it or anything about it in the handbooks. I might have missed something.

Is it possible or am I just listing all my settings and sending it to the second cameraman?
One thing you have to keep in mind is that the only thing that gets saved to the SD card is the video that you shoot and scene files. If you change a function button, that does not get saved to the SC card. So you want to match the look of one camera to another you can do that via SD card and scene files but if you want to duplicate the camera from an operation standpoint, at this time I don't see a way that you can do that.

Barry_Green
03-24-2016, 10:13 AM
Earlier Panasonic cameras had a function where you could save a "USER" file to the SD card, which would be all the settings other than scene file settings, and then load that all into the other camera. Unfortunately, the DVX200 doesn't offer that capability.

Jonny Gross
03-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Yeah, so do the earlier Sony's. Not sure about the latest wave of s35 cams, but anyway, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it. Thanks.