PDA

View Full Version : Shutter speed display has disappeared

mattcurr
03-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Was out on a shoot this morning. Went to check Shutter speed as normal and when I selected it the readout in the bottom right wasn't there. The wheel was changing the shutter speed, I could see the effect on the LCD, but alas, no indication of exactly what speed I was on. All the other information is there as normal (ie. DISP switch set to on), except for the shutter speed. And for the life of me I cant get it to come back!

Any help would be much appreciated.

mapper65
03-22-2016, 03:34 AM
Is this happening with the new v1.51 firmware or a previous version?

Barry_Green
03-22-2016, 10:20 AM
Press the "shutter" button.

If the shutter speed is displayed, it means you're in manual shutter control. If it's not displayed, it means you're in auto shutter mode. I highly recommend always having control over the shutter speed. The Shutter button is next to the menu jog/dial wheel.

mattcurr
03-22-2016, 10:42 PM
yeah, thats the one im pressing. im affecting the shutter with the wheel after that (as evidenced in the LCD), but dont have the readout in the bottom corner anymore. and even in auto mode I changed it in AUTO SW, as per the reccommendation in your book, to always have control over it.

i'm in 1.4 I'll swap over to 1.51 and see if it changes anything.

mattcurr
03-22-2016, 10:47 PM
ok, updated. its still doing it. ok selecting GAIN with the wheel (bottom left) where ICONS, SHUTTER, live on the screen, it doesnt give a read out either for gain, even though its obviously doing it on the LCD.

So I can change things with the wheel, it's just that bottom right display that tells me where I'm actually at is gone.

just did a factory reset and it all came back. So what was the setting that I changed to have caused that possibly have been? back to your book again, barry. time to put everything back the way I had it. I take it the GH4 scene settings are now gone.

Barry_Green
03-23-2016, 12:46 AM
The shutter button is what does it. Forget the wheel, June st press the shutter button and it will toggle the display on and off; when it's off, that means the camera is in auto-shutter.